Who wants to make the Stink eye mob Decal???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Who wants to make the Stink eye mob Decal???? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea the build date is very important to check when buying these cars. If yours was built between 07/08-09/08, I'd ...

Yea the build date is very important to check when buying these cars. If yours was built between 07/08-09/08, I'd start counting my blessings and changing minds on modding because odds are, the motors gonna blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    Just watch it, man. Karma is a biatch! 09s have been blowing up. No jealousy there. I'm cool w the name though cos blob eye is boring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MIwrx265 View Post
    Haha, there's a weekly meet tonight and a bunch of guys from NASIOC will be there (heck they set it up). Im thinkin about checking it out. I dont mind the negative comments. As long as they aren't talkin about my momma, Im good.
    I show up there from time to time. Friends will call and tell me that ppl are talking about me or my car on NASIOC. Either from the track or the street. For either a sticker or something else. But those butthats aren't making my car payment. See my sig? Believe it.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms....lol

Cryptorchidisms –noun Pathology. failure of one or both testes to descend into the scrotum.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, it just sort of came together.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

A Subaru is still a Subaru, they share so many parts with the older models anyway i cant see how they can complain or turn up their noses at a new WRX!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

they are jealous of our windows lol
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    Just watch it, man. Karma is a biatch! 09s have been blowing up. No jealousy there. I'm cool w the name though cos blob eye is boring.
    Watch what? im not the one hating on a WRX its all those older model folk im just saying their jealous because ours are the best to date soo all they can do is hate...

im aware karma is a ***** and i could only hope mine will blow up because im soo friggen sick of wondering when its going to happen..i just want to get it over with..08/08 build with roughly 14000 miles..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    Watch what? im not the one hating on a WRX its all those older model folk im just saying their jealous because ours are the best to date soo all they can do is hate...
    There are actually many different dynamics at work:

1)The historical tendency for people to dislike the model changes that come after their car...you'll see, if they introduce some newer animal WRX in 2011, you'll likely think it's not the "Real Deal" like your car is.

2)Legitimate jealousy: There are things about the '09 model about which one could be envious. I like the new interiors; very nicely done, a definite step up from my bugeye's! I like the dual exhaust that the sedans get. The tranny is stouter, very nice! I'm somewhat modded, so I can't think of anything else to be currently jealous of..I'm sure there's something.

3)Disapproval of styling: Subaru had a long-standing tradition of designing cars that were quirky to the point of being nearly ugly. It's endearing to many on the site. The newer Impreza's, Foresters, and Legacies have strayed from that tradition, and many are disappointed. There's some truth to it; I now have to squint to see if that hatch across the way is a newer-model WRX or a Mazda 3..they now blend in with the landscape.

I understand why they did it, and it seems to work for them. So be it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Trying to start a newer Impreza owners gallery,

click here to add yours.....

08+ Impreza Owners Gallery
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

1)The historical tendency for people to dislike the model changes that come after their car...you'll see, if they introduce some newer animal WRX in 2011, you'll likely think it's not the "Real Deal" like your car is.

2)Legitimate jealousy: There are things about the '09 model about which one could be envious. I like the new interiors; very nicely done, a definite step up from my bugeye's! I like the dual exhaust that the sedans get. The tranny is stouter, very nice! I'm somewhat modded, so I can't think of anything else to be currently jealous of..I'm sure there's something.

3)Disapproval of styling: Subaru had a long-standing tradition of designing cars that were quirky to the point of being nearly ugly. It's endearing to many on the site. The newer Impreza's, Foresters, and Legacies have strayed from that tradition, and many are disappointed. There's some truth to it; I now have to squint to see if that hatch across the way is a newer-model WRX or a Mazda 3..they now blend in with the landscape.

trueee points taken.... but i still dont understand why some people have to give neg comments at meets and other places? it makes no sense to me other than pure jealousy...no matter which way you look at it..ITS STILL A SUBARU and i thought were all like family here (hence the subaru wave)....

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed. The only recent meets I've been to are the East Coast meets in Northern Virginia. There might be some joking remarks made in good humor, but I don't think anyone there would be rude towards folks with the newer model. It has all the performance it needs to back up its nameplate.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

im aware karma is a ***** and i could only hope mine will blow up because im soo friggen sick of wondering when its going to happen..i just want to get it over with..08/08 build with roughly 14000 miles..
    It was a tongue in cheek remark, man. Don't worry i'm not a hater of anyone in the Suby community. My girls got a '08 Impreza Outback Sport and when I'm drivin' it I'm still nodding to those who are understanding.

It's not a REX, not an STi, but it's still a great car. Reliable, looks great, all of the superficial things that are great about all of the recent Subarus. Best of luck to the 09's. That's the only thing us "older model folk" can hope for from the predecessors. If I wanted one I could've got one, but MY04 STi is bullet proof and I'm taking it to my grave. By the way if you've got 14k miles, you're well above the curve from blowin up so good for you bro. 09 motors are blowin up at the average of ~4500 miles. You might have got a good one.

Yup. You new model owners are the first that have the chance to start a new found respect for the boxer. Yeah the design has been questioned, but take it in stride in make it your own as the bugeye community has orignially done. Think they didn't catch hell for that body style? Ignore body-style diehards and do your thing. Make it yours, make it ours, and make it a respectable subaru. Tell Subaru that the market is still an enthusiast market and do yours!

Truth be told I'm stickin' with MY04 STi because it's the first gen american STi and I'm going to pay it off, buy something a little more economical, and keep the Suby as my project car for as long as I can. Never any ill will to anyone on this board because it doesn't matter what year you got. You know what it's all about.

I Support ClubWRX
    trueee points taken.... but i still dont understand why some people have to give neg comments at meets and other places? it makes no sense to me other than pure jealousy...no matter which way you look at it..ITS STILL A SUBARU and i thought were all like family here (hence the subaru wave)....
    Just know that that mentality is far and few in beteween. You're only going to get those comments from those who have more ego than they know what to do with regardless of what car they drive. If they were honda guys they're the ones who are more JDM than you. It's not just Subaru community. It's every tuner car. There are always people wanted to be noticed and better than you. Be happy with what you do with your ride and don't give a crap about anyone else. end of story.

Can't wait to think of a great nickname for them. Should be a right of passage, just like how every wrx should be covered in dirt or snow at some point in time.

I've been waiting for this conversation really. Its still a WRX, may be a whole different animal, but you have to admit it is still quite the animal. I'm looking forward to just what they're capable of.

Btw I haven't started that sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    Btw I haven't started that sticker.
    oh noes!
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast