Formula D Seattle 2009
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Formula D Seattle 2009 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Posted this on DrivingSports.com : In its fourth year coming to the greater Seattle area, Formula D returned stronger and ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Formula D Seattle 2009

Posted this on DrivingSports.com:

In its fourth year coming to the greater Seattle area, Formula D returned stronger and more exciting than ever this past Saturday, August 8th. Iíve been covering Formula D for Subiesport/DrivingSports each year itís come to Seattle, and I honestly do believe it gets better and better every year. In past years, Iíve endured scorching heat (100+ temps on the track) and pouring rain, but this year the overcast weather held up nice and dry, without being too hot or too cold. While the weather conditions seemed ideal all around, the newly redone track surface proved to be challenging for most of the drivers this year, resulting in more crashes, injuries, and broken cars than any of the past 3 years. Dai Yoshihara had a mechanical failure in his Lexus IS350 in practice that resulted in him slamming into the wall right at the first break and he had to be taken to the hospital with a mild concussion. Other cars lost front and/or rear bumpers, Ken Gushiís Scion tC broke a driveshaft, and even the Pro-Am racers preceding the Top 16 raced fender-less and with duct-taped hoods. All of this action continued to wow the packed grandstands and paddock, to which the Formula D officials always mention as being among the best crowds throughout the entire tour. Ultimately, Chris Forsberg in the NOS Energy / Maxxis Tires Nissan 350Z went on to win the event and widen his points lead for the Formula D 2009 Championship.

Being among the crowd and the media, it was clear to me that Formula D could be seen as a saving grace for the import car enthusiast scene in the greater Seattle area, or perhaps even the entire Pacific Northwest, including British Columbia. With Battle of the Imports not coming to the Seattle area this year and all of the major import car shows canceling their Seattle and Vancouver BC shows this year as well, the import car enthusiasts in this area very much need an event like Formula D. I believe that given the sheer numbers and enthusiasm of the crowd, many of these people would agree with me. Those of us who live in this are can only hope that more events such as this will pay visit to the greater Seattle area next year.
    All the Photos: Armin H. Ausejo Photography -- SmugMug Galleries

Selected Photos:

Armin
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow,a lot of carnage at the event.Sweet pics.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    As always amazing photos Armin!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    nice write up....

....photos .....
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

greats photos (as always) but @ this

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys And yeah, I guess it was good he got to keep his fender, right?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.