Kauai 2009 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

This is a discussion on Kauai 2009 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elwray Still takes some skill at photography and definitely some in PS! The only thing I can ...

  1. #16
    Not Asian Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg-ish
    Posts
    1,069
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Still takes some skill at photography and definitely some in PS! The only thing I can do in PS is add lens flares
    The best new addition in the last one or two upgrades has been the "camera raw" manipulation. They've done the best job I've seen as far as allowing RAW images to be adjusted based on the data that the camera captures originally. Adjustment to exposure, contrast, and fill light are just the beginning. I won't even take credit for knowing PS that well. It just becomes more intelligent as the new versions arrive.

    By the way, let me know about your highlights for the Big Island sometime. I'm heading there three days before I go back to Maui for my honeymoon next May. I'm looking for more fun in Hawaii.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    The best new addition in the last one or two upgrades has been the "camera raw" manipulation. They've done the best job I've seen as far as allowing RAW images to be adjusted based on the data that the camera captures originally. Adjustment to exposure, contrast, and fill light are just the beginning. I won't even take credit for knowing PS that well. It just becomes more intelligent as the new versions arrive.

    By the way, let me know about your highlights for the Big Island sometime. I'm heading there three days before I go back to Maui for my honeymoon next May. I'm looking for more fun in Hawaii.
    Definitely definitely definitely go to the green sand beach. The ride in to South Point is absolutely gorgeous, and then you get off the paved road and ride about 2 miles along the coast/cliff on a bumpy dirt road (get a 4x4). It literally felt like I was in a movie, completely surreal.

    Then you get to the beach which is just this big cove cut out of a cinder cone erroding olivine crystals out, the most gorgeous emerald green. (okay, I enjoy that part, but I'm a geologist ) Pictures can't capture it -- although you may have better luck than I did!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

  4. #18
    Registered User kpSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    231
    Nice!! I was just there June 26 to July 6. It was awesome. There are some amazing beaches there. It's definitely the best island. I stayed in Poi Pu. Where did you stay?
    Last edited by kpSTi; 07-13-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

  5. #19
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    991
    I was on a cruise, Norwegian Cruise Lines I think it was.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

  6. #20
    Not Asian Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg-ish
    Posts
    1,069
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    Nice!! I was just there June 26 to July 6. It was awesome. There are some amazing beaches there. It's definitely the best island. I stayed in Poi Pu. Where did you stay?
    We've got a place in Princeville on the North Shore. Poi Pu's got some nice beaches.

  7. #21
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    We've got a place in Princeville on the North Shore. Poi Pu's got some nice beaches.
    Hmm... you win.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

  8. #22
    Not Asian Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg-ish
    Posts
    1,069
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Hmm... you win.
    Meh... anyone who gets to enjoy the beauty of this island wins. I wouldn't want to live there but it's a great place to visit.

  9. #23

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Wow, gorgeous pics!!!! Already made a checklist for when I visit the Hawaiian Islands to take a helicopter ride! Wowza!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  10. #24

    Admin - Scooby Hooligan

    Weasel 555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK,NY,AK,FL
    Posts
    23,042
    I Support ClubWRX
    saweet awesome place been there done those islands
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

    I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

  11. #25
    Not Asian Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg-ish
    Posts
    1,069
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    saweet awesome place been there done those islands
    Weasel, what was your favorite island and why? I've still got a couple to get to yet. I'm getting ready to book my honeymoon for Maui and one other island. I'm undecided if I want to go back to Kauai or try something new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •