Kauai 2009 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Kauai 2009 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elwray Still takes some skill at photography and definitely some in PS! The only thing I can ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Still takes some skill at photography and definitely some in PS! The only thing I can do in PS is add lens flares
    The best new addition in the last one or two upgrades has been the "camera raw" manipulation. They've done the best job I've seen as far as allowing RAW images to be adjusted based on the data that the camera captures originally. Adjustment to exposure, contrast, and fill light are just the beginning. I won't even take credit for knowing PS that well. It just becomes more intelligent as the new versions arrive.

By the way, let me know about your highlights for the Big Island sometime. I'm heading there three days before I go back to Maui for my honeymoon next May. I'm looking for more fun in Hawaii.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    The best new addition in the last one or two upgrades has been the "camera raw" manipulation. They've done the best job I've seen as far as allowing RAW images to be adjusted based on the data that the camera captures originally. Adjustment to exposure, contrast, and fill light are just the beginning. I won't even take credit for knowing PS that well. It just becomes more intelligent as the new versions arrive.

By the way, let me know about your highlights for the Big Island sometime. I'm heading there three days before I go back to Maui for my honeymoon next May. I'm looking for more fun in Hawaii.
    Definitely definitely definitely go to the green sand beach. The ride in to South Point is absolutely gorgeous, and then you get off the paved road and ride about 2 miles along the coast/cliff on a bumpy dirt road (get a 4x4). It literally felt like I was in a movie, completely surreal.

Then you get to the beach which is just this big cove cut out of a cinder cone erroding olivine crystals out, the most gorgeous emerald green. (okay, I enjoy that part, but I'm a geologist ) Pictures can't capture it -- although you may have better luck than I did!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Nice!! I was just there June 26 to July 6. It was awesome. There are some amazing beaches there. It's definitely the best island. I stayed in Poi Pu. Where did you stay?
    Last edited by kpSTi; 07-13-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

I was on a cruise, Norwegian Cruise Lines I think it was.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    Nice!! I was just there June 26 to July 6. It was awesome. There are some amazing beaches there. It's definitely the best island. I stayed in Poi Pu. Where did you stay?
    We've got a place in Princeville on the North Shore. Poi Pu's got some nice beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    We've got a place in Princeville on the North Shore. Poi Pu's got some nice beaches.
    Hmm... you win.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Hmm... you win.
    Meh... anyone who gets to enjoy the beauty of this island wins. I wouldn't want to live there but it's a great place to visit.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Wow, gorgeous pics!!!! Already made a checklist for when I visit the Hawaiian Islands to take a helicopter ride! Wowza!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    saweet awesome place been there done those islands
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    saweet awesome place been there done those islands
    Weasel, what was your favorite island and why? I've still got a couple to get to yet. I'm getting ready to book my honeymoon for Maui and one other island. I'm undecided if I want to go back to Kauai or try something new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12