hella tones! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on hella tones! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Amazon.com: Wolo 430 Dixieland Air Horn: Automotive I want this...

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subiwrx View Post
    Whats with the German style euro plates on a Japanese car?
    It's a Euro style (universal across all EU nations) and it represents Portugal (P)

Here in IL that kind of a plate is an instant ticket after ticket, basically a cop magnet.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Nice, but I think you should move them to the sides...

Attachment 83361
    Dude, how did you get the WRX on your plate to stand out so well....I have one of those but it only looks like a black plate...it has WRX on it but can't see it unless Im right on top of it....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I liked that grill....I have it....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

super hella tones

just a question when installing these hella super tones did it bolt right up to the stock horns or did you have to customize something i have an 05 wrx want the super hella horns thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya
    just a question when installing these hella super tones did it bolt right up to the stock horns or did you have to customize something i have an 05 wrx want the super hella horns thanks
    Installation requires an additional ~$25 worth of wire, connectors, and other parts.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Fab a couple of groundwires and maybe an extension to the stock harness (depending where you mount).
    Last edited by Pavia; 03-15-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndSuby View Post
    Hella tones aint got nothing on a 100 watt dynamax siren driver and a soundoff siren package with air horn option!!
    I had a federal signal 100 watt dynamax on my 95 legacy, and my siren driver did siren, air horn, hi-low siren, and phaser. I am also a firefighter though so it is legit. Be careful with the siren effect, the air horn is cool, but you don't want to be charged with impersonating a police officer using that siren.

Out of curiosity, where did you mount the speaker on your WRX? I'm looking into doing the same set up as I had before, but I can't seem to find a suitable location for the speaker on my WRX. On the legacy I was able to wedge it without any hardware behind the grill and had the wires come up through the floor by the truck release. The siren driver was under the drivers seat with the wires running up under the center console and the activation button for the air horn mounted next to the parking brake. The actual siren was activated by a second cruise control switch I purchased and mounted in one of the option holes next to the steering wheel. If you have any good mounting suggestions for the activation buttons or speaker I'm open to hear them.

They look sweet. I dig the grill man, i been lookin to get a jdm grill and lip kit. The hellas very loud, or like a normal horn? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

Chris
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    They look sweet. I dig the grill man, i been lookin to get a jdm grill and lip kit. The hellas very loud, or like a normal horn? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

Chris
    Much louder than stock...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12