Photoshop wheels, please

This is a discussion on Photoshop wheels, please within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If someone could photo shop in these tsw wheels for me I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to decide what ...

Photoshop wheels, please

If someone could photo shop in these tsw wheels for me I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to decide what to go with. I was thinking it would be too much black when I looked at the actual wheel, but then I kinda messed around on paint and it looked half way decent. Or if you guys have any other wheels you think would look good, Im open to suggestions. I want either a black wheel with machined lip, or like a gun metal grey with or with out a machined lip. Thank you in advance. I know the angle is kinda off but its the only one I currently have, if you need a straight on side shot, I can get it in the next day or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tswtrackstar_sm.jpg   04Sti.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

i had to use a different car because the picture you provided didnt have good lighting

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Sorry about the picture but thank you for going above and beyond. I think it looks alot better then what I was imagining when I was looking at the wheel. Thanks for your help

Match Paint Service

Quote Originally Posted by Liv4speed08 View Post
    If someone could photo shop in these tsw wheels for me I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to decide what to go with. I was thinking it would be too much black when I looked at the actual wheel, but then I kinda messed around on paint and it looked half way decent. Or if you guys have any other wheels you think would look good, Im open to suggestions. I want either a black wheel with machined lip, or like a gun metal grey with or with out a machined lip. Thank you in advance. I know the angle is kinda off but its the only one I currently have, if you need a straight on side shot, I can get it in the next day or so.
    For the money, the best possible method for you to use to get a perfect match is to do the following:

Research local paint services to find who offers the best quality services for the money

Take your new wheels to them, and explain that they are fresh out of the box, and that they are going to need preparation.

When they are finished, wait about two weeks before having tires mounted and getting a balance. This will allow your paint to cure and harden, and will prevent chipping during the mounting process. It will also make cleaning easier, since the brakes will not be as responsible for heat-curing the paint. This hardened glossy surface will last as long as your vehicle's body paint.

If your paint shop offers a powdercoating with a gloss equal to the paint used on the body, it might be worth the extra dollars, especially if you spend any time in the dirt with your Subie.

I got Silver Metallic powdercoat on my wheels, G01 was my color code, and the wheels really look like they were factory equipped. I spent $450 for the paint. It took less than a quart, and 3 days from drop off to pick up.

If you are in Maine, there are two rim shops here who have their own in-house paint account, and will match your wheels as an option, cost is based on the size of wheel, what paint process you prefer, and whether it is a single or multi-piece wheel (If you have 3 piece wheels on your Subie, you don't need anyone's help, you probably have a paint gun and downdraft booth of your own).

In the long run, painted rims from TSW and most other companies (even OZ and MOMO) look trashed after 5 years, since they are painted by a machine in a big hurry. Handpainted wheels have the armor-like thickness of a fully prepped and primed surface followed by much more evenly applied and higher-grade paints and clearcoats.

You might spend $1400 on rims that are worth $3 or $4 hundred in 5 years, but you could spend the $900 those TSWs cost, get a $400 paint done, and have $900 rims in 5 years (barring any curb kissing they might enjoy along the way).

The other way of looking at this is that rims are as expendable as tires, and you may want to just run-em how they come, drive like you mean it, learn to handle the car beyond it's capacities, then spend $3500 on some BBS 4 piece mesh racing wheels or equivalent, and have cryo'ed Q/R hubs installed.

It is nearly impossible to keep a WRX or STi looking like a show car unless you do not drive it at all. They eat the road so voraciously, every rock that flies up hits something.