My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Update on page 5! '09 WRX grill 5/12/10 New pic's added on page 4! 5/5/09 Update on page 3! 3/21/09 ...

My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now. UPDATED 3/17/09

Update on page 5! '09 WRX grill 5/12/10

New pic's added on page 4! 5/5/09

Update on page 3! 3/21/09

New pic's added on page 2

Well, I bought my '08 WRX January 4, 2009. I went to test drive an '09 WRX and I was impressed. The salesman proceeded to tell me they have one '08 WRX left on the lot. I told the salesman that he would have to basically give the car to me if he thinks I'm going to take it. After about 2hrs of going back and forth, I walked out with a 100,000 mile warranty and the car for $18,241. I figured that I would be replacing most of the things that make '09 WRX what it is anyway. So, I bought it.

So, My goal is to have an sedan that will keep up with and STi. I'm also doing my best to make this car not look so plain. It also handled like a Cadillac, but with the suspension mods it now handles great. I'm not going too crazy with this car's engine because she is my DD. I know most of you probably won't like it, so be gentle. Onto the mods.

Engine mods:
    1. Perrin intake
    2. COBB AccessPort
    3. Perrin intake Stage 2 Map
    4. SPT cat-back exhaust
    5. Invidia catted DP

Suspension:
    1. H&R springs
    2. Rallitek F/R sway bars
    3. Rallitek HD F/R endlinks
    4. Cusco front upper strut bar

Wheels:
    1. Blitz BRW (Black blue matte) 18x8 +45 offset
    2. Riken Raptor 235/40ZR18

Exterior:
    1. Factory front lip
    2. Factory fog lights
    3. I painted the rear chrome piece on the trunk to match the car.
    4. 50% tint front and 35% rear
    5. '09 WRX Grill

Here she was stock.

How she sits now.
    BTW, the front wheel was in a pot hole so it is hard to see how nice the car sits now. Onto the pictures.

Close-up of the wheels.
    Last edited by kpSTi; 05-12-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, very clean car. One of the few 3rd gens that can actually pull off good looks.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

looks good!
    eric

bugeye mafia #207

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Wow, very clean car. One of the few 3rd gens that can actually pull off good looks.
    +1 Best looking 08 i've seen.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

man that makes me wanna get an 09, nice ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Thanks. I love my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by abhold87 View Post
    looks good!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    +1 Best looking 08 i've seen.
    Thanks! That's a damn good compliment!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decon View Post
    man that makes me wanna get an 09, nice ride.
    You should!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

car looks good. how did u paint the chrome on the trunk? did you take if off? if so how?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Nice 08! I like everything I'm just more into the concave wheels. But nice ride keep up the good work.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    car looks good. how did u paint the chrome on the trunk? did you take if off? if so how?
    It was a lot of work and took about 24hrs to do. It would be easier to have it painted.
    Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Nice 08! I like everything I'm just more into the concave wheels. But nice ride keep up the good work.
    Yeah, concave is all the rage these days. I like how the spokes come all the way out to the edge of the rims. That's why I chose them.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    Yeah, concave is all the rage these days. I like how the spokes come all the way out to the edge of the rims. That's why I chose them.
    Yep but it looks good overall!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Yep but it looks good overall!
    Thanks!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    car looks good. never thought blue/black would look good on silver. its interesting, but i like it.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    car looks good. never thought blue/black would look good on silver. its interesting, but i like it.
    It is different. But it's cool!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

nice car! how do you like your springs?

Quote Originally Posted by gooinacan View Post
    nice car! how do you like your springs?
    They are awesome. They offer great handling with decent ride comfort.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast