My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kpSTi Nope. I need to get an aftermarket one. Will the SPT fit with the DP? Does ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    Nope. I need to get an aftermarket one. Will the SPT fit with the DP? Does anyone know??
    No you don't....

Cut the stock one. And the SPT and Cobb heatshields are more for bling than function. The are meant to be used WITH the stock piece.

The only functional aftermarket heatshield was made by Speed Monkey (dunno if they are still around).

But no matter what, you have to put a heatshield on it. Right now your car hates you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was tuned on a dyno dynamics dyno, if it was that dyno I would be in the 295 300 range. DD are the heartbreaker dynos. I'm running invidia dp and agency power cbe.
    Oh and on this dyno I'm at 305 ft/ lbs of tq
    Check out this link and you will see the diffence between dynos.

Dyno Comparison - Dynojet & DynoDynamics (Apples to Apples) - NASIOC
    Also do a google search on Dynomite dyno vs dyno dynamics.

Sorry to the OP did not mean to hijack, Just trying to provide info

thanks, after i posted i forgot about about the different dynos, lol, brain fart....

Nope. I need to get an aftermarket one. Will the SPT fit with the DP? Does anyone know??
    i heard from many, many people all the aftermarket heatshields did was rattle, but at the same time i've heard of people having no issues

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Juan View Post
    Which road specifically?
    There are two roads I drive. They are Latigo Canyon Rd. and Piuma Rd.
    Last edited by kpSTi; 03-30-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    There are two roads I drive. They are Latigo Canyon Rd. and Piuma Rd.
    Funny you say Latigo Canyon Road. I put my 5.0 Mustang into the guard rail at the very first hairpin turn. You know, the one that you have to go about 15mph through no matter what kind of car you are in. I did it at night. By the time my headlights lit up the corner, it was too late. I wasn't even trying to carve the road yet. It was my first time through there!
    terriblejuan.com

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Juan View Post
    Funny you say Latigo Canyon Road. I put my 5.0 Mustang into the guard rail at the very first hairpin turn. You know, the one that you have to go about 15mph through no matter what kind of car you are in. I did it at night. By the time my headlights lit up the corner, it was too late. I wasn't even trying to carve the road yet. It was my first time through there!
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I know that corner very well! Do you ever go to any meets in the valley?
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    No you don't....

Cut the stock one. And the SPT and Cobb heatshields are more for bling than function. The are meant to be used WITH the stock piece.

The only functional aftermarket heatshield was made by Speed Monkey (dunno if they are still around).

But no matter what, you have to put a heatshield on it. Right now your car hates you.
    The Cobb one fits in the stock location... I'd say it's got function. I actually used the cobb one, and then the SPT one on top of that... I definitely agree the SPT doesn't really do much... maybe helps a little with heatsoak, but not much else
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Agree +2, best looking ive seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    +1 Best looking 08 i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by etmoto View Post
    Agree +2, best looking ive seen so far.
    Thanks!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

These are some new pic's I took. My friend was driving when I took the pic's.

'08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

Dp

Car looks great. Was the CBE louder after the DP was installed?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    2009 WRX Prem w/ CBE & STS

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    Car looks great. Was the CBE louder after the DP was installed?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    2009 WRX Prem w/ CBE & STS
    Yes, it was. The exhaust is definitely raspier sounding also. I really like the sound personally.

Here are 2 videos I made for reference. I hope they help.

Exhaust clip! Click here.
    1st to 2nd gear pull. Click here.
    Last edited by kpSTi; 05-21-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

After you did the lowering springs were there any problems like not enough shock travel or hitting the bump stops? thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    No you don't....

I ended up cutting it on mine and it showed no problems afterwards. +1 No need to get another one then the stock one can be modified easily.
    2011 Black STI Sedan "Shadow"
    RIP Colin McRae
    http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p418/kazevelara/
    Stink-Eye Mob #43
    "Trust in The Armin"

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    After you did the lowering springs were there any problems like not enough shock travel or hitting the bump stops? thanks
    I haven't had any problems at all. I didn't cut the bump stops.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

here's a new engine bay shot.

'08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.