My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My '08 WRX. Final set of mods for now. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by binjoau +1 mate, awesome job on turning what can sometimes be considered a bland sedan into a ...

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    +1 mate, awesome job on turning what can sometimes be considered a bland sedan into a stealthy street machine. Love the colour of the wheels, very nice contrast with the silver.

Im stuck trying to decide if I should spend my savings on a trip back to england or buy some 18" Axis Halo rims for my red 09!!!!

Love the car, keep us posted with the mods!

Alex

Duh! Rims
    That was an easy answer.
    R.I.P 2004 Supercharged Miata
    Hellllllooooo 2009 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCroat View Post
    im not a big fan of the new sedans, but this one is different and i like it.
    Thanks! I'm doing my best to make it not look so bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    One of the 08 sedans that I actually like. Good job!
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    +1
    You've brought a lot of personality out of the car, in a tasteful way. Well done!
    Thanks! That is what I'm trying for.
    Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    +1 mate, awesome job on turning what can sometimes be considered a bland sedan into a stealthy street machine. Love the colour of the wheels, very nice contrast with the silver.

Im stuck trying to decide if I should spend my savings on a trip back to england or buy some 18" Axis Halo rims for my red 09!!!!

Love the car, keep us posted with the mods!

Alex

Those rims aren't bad. What color do you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
    Duh! Rims
    That was an easy answer.
    ^^^Yeah that!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

sweet ride man! nice job
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #625!!!

Update!
    I finally received my Invidia divorced bell mouth catted down pipe. My friend helped me install it yesterday. The turbo response is awesome now. I am using an PERRIN stage 2 map. It is truly amazing how much faster this car is now. Here are some pic's of the DP.
    Here's the DP.

Here's what it looked like stock.

Who ever designed the stock DP should be shot. Look how much better the Invidia will flow.

Here it is installed!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You did put the turbo heat shield back on right?

looks good man

Those are some beautiful pictures. Where did you take them?

I can't wait for my tires to wear down so I have an excuse to get a new wheelset with wider tires. They make such a difference.
    terriblejuan.com

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX

dude lovin the car!!! i cant wait to get started on mine, good chioce on the dp, i've been wanting to see one other than online

so have you put it on a dyno, i was wondering what kind of numbers you were putting down, i have a 09 but i want almost the same list of mods...

lookin great!
    Last edited by ScubieSubie; 03-22-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: updated

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    You did put the turbo heat shield back on right?
    Nope. I need to get an aftermarket one. Will the SPT fit with the DP? Does anyone know??
    Quote Originally Posted by skyline View Post
    looks good man
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Juan View Post
    Those are some beautiful pictures. Where did you take them?

I can't wait for my tires to wear down so I have an excuse to get a new wheelset with wider tires. They make such a difference.
    Ie pic's were taken in the Malibu Mountains. BTW, just get new wheels!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by htowns_finest View Post
    dude lovin the car!!! i cant wait to get started on mine, good chioce on the dp, i've been wanting to see one other than online

so have you put it on a dyno, i was wondering what kind of numbers you were putting down, i have a 09 but i want almost the same list of mods...
    I haven't put it on a dyno yet. I might get a VF52. If I do, then I will get a pro-tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubieSubie View Post
    lookin great!
    Thanks!
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by htowns_finest View Post

htown,
    I have the same mods on my 09. Just a stock OTS cobb map i was putting down 250 whp on a DD dyno. Protuned put me at 270 whp on the dyno dynamics dyno.

A friend of mine has an 08 with this same set up. He pulled around 200 whp on the Dyno dynamics dyno. Hope that helped.
    Hellllllooooo 2009 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
    htown,
    I have the same mods on my 09. Just a stock OTS cobb map i was putting down 250 whp on a DD dyno. Protuned put me at 270 whp on the dyno dynamics dyno.

A friend of mine has an 08 with this same set up. He pulled around 200 whp on the Dyno dynamics dyno. Hope that helped.
    yea i think that now that i sealed my leak though that i would probably have pulled around 220. i was amazed at the difference an exhaust leak made, i was only at 12-13psi at the peak of my pull. but i put out 250tq so that made me happy cuz im all about the torque. i test drove a stock 08 yesterday and a stock 09 sti and my car was much, much faster than stock. it was about equal to the sti but the sti didnt pull like my car, no fun!

Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    Ie pic's were taken in the Malibu Mountains. Thanks!
    Which road specifically?
    terriblejuan.com

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX

htown,
    wow i was thinking you'll get a lil more than that maaaayyybbeee 290whp (hint the long maybe) so are you resonated on the spt exhaust and with a cat on the dp??? i plan on doing straight pipe, i live in a no emmissions county and plan on investing in some thick dynamat, i may do the resonator maybe, but i know the spt catback is alot like stock

but i plan on doing a bit bigger injectors, fuel pump, and try in squeeze out the a bit more

heres a guy running something similiar and pushing higher numbers

09 WRX HB Speed Dyno 293 whp 305 wtq

but thanks for the feedback....

I was tuned on a dyno dynamics dyno, if it was that dyno I would be in the 295 300 range. DD are the heartbreaker dynos. I'm running invidia dp and agency power cbe.
    Oh and on this dyno I'm at 305 ft/ lbs of tq
    Check out this link and you will see the diffence between dynos.

Dyno Comparison - Dynojet & DynoDynamics (Apples to Apples) - NASIOC
    Also do a google search on Dynomite dyno vs dyno dynamics.

Sorry to the OP did not mean to hijack, Just trying to provide info.
    Last edited by AtomicFrawg; 03-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    Hellllllooooo 2009 WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.