Sony?

This is a discussion on Sony? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys my birthday is coming up on the 19th and I want to get a camera.. I was looking ...

Question Sony?

Hey guys my birthday is coming up on the 19th and I want to get a camera.. I was looking at the Sony Cyber Shot DSC H10/B I don't know much about photography, So do any of you know is this a good camera? I want to get into photography real bad.
    Thanks all help is appreciated.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No one?
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

I Support ClubWRX
    As with questions about car purchases, I think the question must be answered:

What are your goals for the camera? By "getting into photography", do you mean that you want to snap fun pictures here and there, or do you have more serious aspirations?

I'm asking because you're talking about a $2-300 "point and shoot" camera. They're great for casual use, family pics, etc, but there are limitations to what they can do.

I'm not expert on the cameras in this particular price range, but I have had some exposure to Canon's offerings, and have been impressed. Have you looked at those, as well? They have some nice algorithms to improve point and shoot photos, and seem to have a great form factor.

Good luck!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I sell cameras at Best Buy and the one you posted is a good camera but if I were going to buy one in that price range I would get the Panasonic Lumix TZ5, everyone that works with me seems to agree that it is the best for the price. I actually just bought one for my girlfriend I like them so much. As far as point and shoots go, you should stick with Canon, Sony, or Panasonic ... those are the top 3 brands.
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

thanks alot guys i just bought the sony today and i love it!...Im just planning on getting a camera to do like little photoshoots of my car and taking pictures of things that interest me. I just wanted something that would come out clear and be of good quality and so far im liking the cyber shot!
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27