08 Sedan DGM Progress pics - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 08 Sedan DGM Progress pics within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My All Show Brembos, Well I was going to save this as a surprise for the CO crew when I ...

My All Show Brembos,

Well I was going to save this as a surprise for the CO crew when I came out, but I had people asking and decided I'd give an update...

As of 4:30 PM yesterday I know have 08 STI Brembos, front and rear, on my car...

First things first, giving credit where credits due...

Rear brembo's on 08 WRX

Shot that over to IAG a couple weeks ago and after a couple conversations we set out to get my set on the car,

Fronts went on absolutely no problem, had to swap out my brake lines so I got SS ones while I was at it...

Had STI rotors redrilled to 5x100 and they did the trick...

The back again, had some issues due to the fact that they weren't a direct swap but JJ and the crew went hard at it and were able to get them to fit with little problems...

Again having to swap the brake lines,

That's where we hit a little snag, the WRX Master Cylinder just can't keep up with the added load...

When you first get on the brakes everything seems fine, but when you really get on them they are spongy and I would consider an actual downgrade from the stock WRX calipers...

1st. Braking is diminished

2nd. We added rotating mass so the cars technically slower

So yes I am riding around with a brand new set of Brembos that have absolutely no gain what-so-ever,

After driving to and from Ocean City last night and today, I can say I would not want to ride around with those on my car for any length of time...

They just do not feel right... And braking is actually hampered...

So the solution? JJ peeked out at his 08 STI to see what his Master Cylinder looks like and it 'should' be a plug and play solution...

I'll be getting it on this coming week, so I'll be able to give an official review of the upgrade, but I wanted to let people know that if you're planning this you've got to take into consideration that the stock brake system can't handle the upgrade...

Second half of this,

I'm almost 100% positive that these will not fit stock wheels, they barely AND I MEAN BARELY fit under my Rota Tarmac 2s...

I will have to get a new set of winter wheels that will clear them, so take that into consideration...

I'll post up again when I can get some pics (dirty calipers aren't pretty) and get the Master Cylinder swapped out,

Cheers,

~Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quick update, this was two posts, but I forgot to put the first one up on this forums...

1st post

On an early note,

Obviously the brakes are showing a very heavy front bias, I just don't know how much of it is the brakes design themselves and the ineptitude of my master cylinder...

When I hit them hard the back end seems to be trying to slide out a bit, I thought initially that it might have been due to the fact that I still had the old brake setup in the trunk, so I removed that and went at it again...

Still the same it brakes like this '\' front dips majorly and back slides a bit to the right...

Don't have anything to compare it to at this point STI wise, but I'm hoping that is something that is alleviated by a more powerful cylinder...

2nd post

It's official though, the Brembos are no longer for show...

Had the Master Brake Cylinder swapped out this week,

Got to finally drive her around today and got some impressions...

All of the uneven bias, being back end kicking out to the right, is now gone...

It's finally to the way a set of Brembos should in-fact feel, some rear bias but not shifting anything left to right like it did...

I'll have to play with them a little more but as of now there is an immediate difference in the performance, but that should be expected...

Haven't had a chance to push them really hard, I had planned on taking them out to the mountains this past week but that didn't pan out...

I don't think people need to know what a set feel like, because that's been proven time and time again. It's more of the fact that these can be put in an 08/09 WRX without much of a hassle and perform as they would on the STI...

Not quite complete, but this little sedan is getting to become more of a competitor...

Some of the finished shots...

Location of the first shoot,

Pics:

(Yes I know these next few are very similar but each has a little difference that I liked)

Letting my bro play around a bit:

Cheers,

~Mike

Well it's not going to go any further,

Power-

Cobb AccessPort
    VF52 Turbo
    Tial 38mm EWG + IAG Uppipe
    SPT Exhaust
    Cobb DP
    UR Intake
    Perrin TMIC
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    One Step Colder - Spark Plugs
    Grimmspeed 3 Port BCS

Suspension/Handling-

Racecomp Engineering Tarmac 2 Coilovers
    Whiteline 22mm Front 20mm Rear Sways
    Gunmetal Tarmac 2 Rotas wrapped in Potenza RE-01 Rs
    Black STI Brembos
    SS Brake Lines
    STI Master Brake Cylinder

Shifter/Feel-

Cobb SS
    Kartboy Front and Rear Shifter Bushings
    KillerB Black Shift Knob

Visual and ICE Mods-

Pioneer AVIC-F90BT Nav Unit
    40% tint
    RA Guards
    Hella Supertones
    Perrin Stubby Antenna
    Prosport Premium Boost Gauge
    JDM AV Trim
    YourLEDShop bulb kit
    Debadged except WRX
    Sport Grille with 'i' badge
    LED Interior and License Plate lights
    Seibon CWII CF Hood

Dyno from the recent tuning session,

That was the end of the road, just put a contract down on an EVO X...

Been fun, haha check the FS thread if any of that stuff interests you!

what did you do with your old hood? let me get that!

Seibon Hood

The hood looks great, how's the fit and quality of construction?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.