08 Sedan DGM Progress pics - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 Sedan DGM Progress pics within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2:43AM I still say no, but to each his own... He's not gonna change the way he ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    I still say no, but to each his own...
    He's not gonna change the way he mounted his Boost Gauge because you say no. To the OP just leave it the way you like it.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well it's official I'm going Stage 2 on Friday, picking up a Cobb DP over at IAG...

Going to put the intake on too, I'm going to try and do a little bit of a write up...

SPT Exhaust Clip, SPT + Cobb DP clip with some stage 2 impressions, and a Cobb Stage 2 + UR Intake clip and impressions...

Can't wait...

I Support ClubWRX
    Make sure to post up your impressions. The '08 engine is supposed to "wake up" nicely.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rayfieldswrx View Post
    make sure to post up your impressions. The '08 engine is supposed to "wake up" nicely.
    +1
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by htowns_finest View Post
    in my 09 wrx there are little circles that are located between the steering wheel and the radio on the dash a round shape with little holes, i hope u know what im talking about, but i thought that was where the mic went for the bluetooth kit i could be wrong....
    pretty sure that's the inside temp sensor.
    '08 WRB STi -- Cobb Stage 1

'08 Black Z06

Well it’s done, took a bit longer than expected but hey can’t complain…

There’s a bit of a twitter when I accelerate so I may have to go back in and tighten the bolts at the turbo/Down pipe…

Kept the intercooler on the whole time and it wasn’t too bad to get to, a bit of advice for anyone planning on doing this install…Have PB blaster and something to get a bit of leverage on your ratchet because some of those bolts/nuts are a pain in the butt to get off…

Alright now for the good stuff…

First a clip of just the stock SPT catback

YouTube - 08 WRX SPT Exhaust Clip

From there I went to install the downpipe, it was amazing how much lighter the Cobb one is when compared to the stocker…

Stage 2 impressions are good, it’s definitely a big change down low… The car isn’t lacking in that range to begin with but it definitely a very noticeable improvement…

High-end of course the TD04 doesn’t have anything to offer but hey, that’s what the VF52 is for right?

Sounds wise, it’s nice and crisp still not too loud and brings out that nice boxer tone… It even brought out the BPV a bit…

Getting much closer to what I thought this car should be…

These were my first runs in the car after flashing so it’s literally my first reactions…
    Some clips – And yes the DP was just installed that’s why it looks like something out of spy hunter with all that smoke…

08 WRX Stage 2 - Cobb DP + SPT Catback

With the DP taken care of I was quick to install the UR Intake, again painless install…

Had I done things different I would have waited a bit to put the intake on for one reason, I was still very new to my stage 2 so I didn’t have too much to compare it to…But I can say that the sound is AMAZING, I heard people say it will bring out the BPV but I didn’t think it would be this significant of a difference…

You can hear it clear in the clips, when it opens up during acceleration to when the BPV is doing its job between shifts…Such a great sound…

YouTube - Cobb DP + SPT Exhaust + UR Intake - Stage 2

So final thoughts and impressions… The stage 2 tune and the coilovers have really made this little guy come alive…

There’s nothing soft or tame about this thing, yeah there’s room for growth… Some high-end power and some sways, but it’ll get there…

Down low this thing is such a kick to drive, what that TD04 is missing in the top-end is more than made up when it hits quick…

Guys over at IAG told me they’d have the VF52s in soon, so that will be my next step…

Had some qualms with the car when I bought it, but it seems with a little work the 08s can shed off that tame reputation…

Cheers,

~Mike
    Last edited by MicMckee; 01-09-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Not as substantial as my Stage 2 write-up buuuuuut...

Had to order the JDM dash unit to get the navi to fit right...

Compared to...

Hey guys,

Installed the Cobb SS and Kartboy front and rear bushings today...

Alright, so I planned on this taking maybe an hour (as you will find out with most of my car projects anything that can go wrong will)

Few pointers,

With the bushings it's a tight space and I wound up using my hands a lot instead of a socket wrench, it sucks when it's cold so either get a pair of gloves so you can feel what you're doing or make sure it's cold enough to make it so you can't feel a bloody thing...

Haha I have a kerosene heater, but it decided to die on me...

Either way, you'll need a extension so your socket wrench will reach the rear bushing bolts without wanting to drive your car off a cliff...

With the bushings, if you install both you have to take the front off to change the rear... I realized this after I installed the front one and then realized I would have to take it off again...

I had bolts that warped, C rings that didn't feel like staying, and everything in-between...

On the plus side, Kartboy sent me a fireball along with the bushings so I got a treat mid-way through the install... (Is this an inside joke with them?)

Here's the video of the shifter pre and post install...

Cobb SS and Kartboy Bushings

Having driven it for about an hour afterward I'm confident in my review...

The play in the shifter is gone, every shift is crisp and short... I think I could make it a little shorter, but the linkage started rubbing so I wanted to be safe...

Even with a little more room in that department, the car is so much more precise... No more mile-long shifts and no more wobble and play...

I've also decided that I like it at the height that it is, with the arm extension it's at the perfect spot...

Cheers,

~Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MicMckee View Post
    Yeah, in the end it's not a final location because I plan on running more than just a boost gauge but there are few options for us 08ers right now...

I've got the Prosport package off of Perrin. Boost, EGT, and Steering Column mount. I'm very satisfied with it.

taken with Iphone. Ptuning in Manassas VA did a great job.

Note that while it looks like the gauges are blocking the right half of the speedometer, it's just from that angle. They pocket well in the center of the engine temp and speedometer, blocking little information.
    Evos make eight pound six ounce baby jesus cry...

vintage '02 bug eyes died in clifton VA *tear*

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

Can you get a pick of what it looks like from the drivers viewpoint?

I just don't like a cluttered look...

Looks like its coming along great dude! I need a short shifter
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Well it looks like my 'no wheels' policy has gone out the window...

Found a deal on these

Think I'll have to wait till winter is over to put them on...

Will get me an excuse to get me a nice set of summer tires...

Cheers,

~Mike

Today was a day of high highs and low lows...

Got to take her out in the snow for the first time...

Nothing too deep less than a foot, but enough to test of the VDC and how well it works and have some fun with it off...

The bad side is that with the ice and rain all of the salt got washed off the car and I found out that someone bloody clipped the front fender and passenger door...

From where it hit I know it was a dark red and about the size of a sedan because it left some paint behind...

Might be this older lady at work that parks next to me because she almost hit me once, and wouldn't put it past her thinking that she didn't hit it when she backed in...

Some of it might buff out, but some are decently deep... Unfortunately they got both the fender and the door so that's two parts that would need to be repainted...

Not a happy camper about this one, where is common courtesy? Hitting someone's car and then riding off without so much as a note never even crosses my mind...

Cheers,

~Mike

Sucks to hear. People these days
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

I do like the rack. Also looks good lowered. Sorry to hear about the fender

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.