Need a DSLR on the cheap?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need a DSLR on the cheap? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran into this today and thought it would be a good deal if someone was looking to get into an ...

Need a DSLR on the cheap?

Ran into this today and thought it would be a good deal if someone was looking to get into an SLR and not spend much....

Canon Loyalty Program Offers Little-Known Deal | Photography Tips, Digital Photography 101 at Cheapshooter

Stuck with outdated or broken equipment? Looking to make the jump to a digital SLR? Canon has a little-known loyalty program that could make the purchase of your next camera quite a bit cheaper.

If you're shooting with a current Canon camera, you can upgrade it to a refurbished, newer model for a significant discount. Canon offers the following models as upgrade options:

- SD850 IS $150
    - G9 $250
    - EOS XT (with kit lens) $275

Any of the following Canon models qualify for the upgrade deal as long as they're out of their current warranty period:

S10, S30, S40, S45, S50, S60, S100, S200, S230, S300, S330, S400, S410, S500, SD110, SD200, SD400, SD550, SD600, SD700-IS, SD800-IS, SD1000, S1-IS, S2-IS, G2, G5

This deal isn't advertised, and you have to call Canon customer support at 866-443-8002 to get started. You'll need to provide the serial number off your current digital camera in order to qualify. Each refurbished camera comes with a six month warranty.

The Rebel XT in particular is a great way to jump into digital SLR photography, as the camera is compatible with the entire EOS series of lenses. It'll give the budding pro some room to grow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I fail

I wish I'd heard about this a few months ago because I bought an 850IS after my S400 died.

csm
    do the elph point and shoots qualify?

Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna see if I can trade my dad's old canon for a new one! That would be sweet!

csm
    in fact my elph does qualify. s230.
    gonna find out more

csm
    ordered a rebel. should be here thursday. how cool.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.