Playing with Photomatix

This is a discussion on Playing with Photomatix within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a little too much time on my hands so I decided to play with some pics of my 04 ...

Playing with Photomatix

Had a little too much time on my hands so I decided to play with some pics of my 04 STi. Hope you enjoy

2004 Aspen White STi Mac Tuned Stage 2 *304whp/345wtq* (SOLD)
    2003 WRB WRX: VF30'd w/ XPT tune (TRADED!)
    2002 Berlina Black S2000: Mugen Exhaust (GONE)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

YOU SUCK. J/K, nice pics. Love that black wagon the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4valvemach View Post
    its a truck it can't be that fast

Nice pics, in the third pic if you would have exposed a shot for the headlights then one for the rest of the car and merged them it will turn out to where the headlight wont have blown out headlights. something like this. Also if you have a tripod or something to set your camera on you could probably down your iso and shoot a longer shutter speed to reduce the noise.

not my picture, taken from sixsixfour at POTN
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I could tea-bag your ass into a coma.

That evo hdr is sic. Most people take 3 jpegs that were exposed +1, 0, -1 EV. If you take 1 raw you can do all of these in the raw conversion process. That way you dont have to take 3 jpegs and your shots will line up perfectly in photomatix.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

Yea you can do a pseudo hdr but a lot of people argue this is not a true hdr because your not getting a "High Dynamic Range" your just taking 1 exposure and trying to compensate a a few stops with software. Honestly if something isn't moving you shouldn't have a problem taking 3 exposure if your camera has exposure bracketing and you have a tripod or something stable to place it on, just enable mirror lock up if your camera has it and your all set for a perfect HDR.

EDIT: I don't think I ever shot in jpeg, always in raw becuase I can pull out more colors and highlights out of shadows and other things if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I could tea-bag your ass into a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Nice pics, in the third pic if you would have exposed a shot for the headlights then one for the rest of the car and merged them it will turn out to where the headlight wont have blown out headlights. something like this. Also if you have a tripod or something to set your camera on you could probably down your iso and shoot a longer shutter speed to reduce the noise.
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately they were taken w/ a point and shot w/ no manual settings. I've seen moved up to an DSLR and haven't had time to get a photoshoot together.
    2004 Aspen White STi Mac Tuned Stage 2 *304whp/345wtq* (SOLD)
    2003 WRB WRX: VF30'd w/ XPT tune (TRADED!)
    2002 Berlina Black S2000: Mugen Exhaust (GONE)