need a camera reccomendation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on need a camera reccomendation within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys... i am gonna go buy a new camera 2nite... just want something for takin to parties and bars ...

need a camera reccomendation

hey guys... i am gonna go buy a new camera 2nite... just want something for takin to parties and bars and other daily photo type use... i want one that gets goo exposures quickly and in dim light... anything that seems to really take a decent picture... 6MP or bigger... prefferably but not one of the ones you have to program all the settings in.
    yup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just bought one of the new Kodak cameras and it meets all your requirements. It is an awesome camera for daily use and is pretty cheap too.
    Kodak - EasyShare 7.2MP Digital Camera - Blue - M763

It turns on faster than any other camera I could find and is ready to take a photo in just a second or two. Photo quality is excellent. It has a bunch of features to it, most of which you'll never use. It's really small and slim so it fits in a pants pocket really easily. All in all I highly recommend it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I personally prefer any of the Canon SD level of PowerShots. They are easy to use and take great pictures.

my .02

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

I bought my G/F a nikon at ritz. Make sure you get the warrenty, she dropped it at the bar and they replaced it for free.

I just recently bought a Nikon COOLPIX L18. It is a great camera. The parts that sold me were the 3in. screen, 8mp, and the awesome Nikkor lenses for under $150

COOLPIX L18 from Nikon
    Last edited by ZACK777; 06-04-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    hey guys... i am gonna go buy a new camera 2nite... just want something for takin to parties and bars and other daily photo type use... i want one that gets goo exposures quickly and in dim light... anything that seems to really take a decent picture... 6MP or bigger... prefferably but not one of the ones you have to program all the settings in.
    Getting a hand held to do all of that will be difficult. If I were in your position I would get either a nikon or a canon. Stay away from everything else. Unless your going to get a Leica <-- ballers only!

Make sure if you want a camera for dim light that it has a high ISO. Higher iso means better low light performance without using flash. Hope that helps. If you have any further questions feel free to pm me.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    nikon coolpix L3

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Take a look at the canon s5 is or the older s3 is and s2 is. The S5 is and 8mp camera and should be around the $300-400 range with others being less mp and less money respectively. All are pretty good cameras with plenty of setting abilities but also an auto mode and a decent zoom lense. I use to have the S2 is before I got a dslr.

It might be over kill for what your looking to use it for but I thought I'd just throw something different out there.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

that's for the quick replies... another thing i forgot to mention is that im tryin to stay right around if not under 200 bucks... and i'd like decent macro capabilities... dont need a fine art camera... though i want one..

oh... and i remember my last camera taking pictures and they always seemed a little bit off on color balance... a little too much blue... not terrible... but noticable to me... i really want a decently true exposure
    yup

I know a couple of people have recommended Nikons, but I've had two of those bite the dust for no apparent reason. I've had two Kodaks that work well despite getting abused.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I been looking at getting a Nikon Coolpix S550. 10MP and many other features for $199. Bo and Micah just picked one up too.
    Heres his thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...int-shoot.html

***Also another MAJOR selling point is the size, this was alot smaller that it looked online. I need something i can stick in my pocket and not annoyed by the big buldge, this thing would be fine in my jeans. Plus the 2 year warrenty you can purchase at best buy covers everything.***
    Last edited by jeffmm06; 06-04-2008 at 11:49 AM.

well i ended up pickin up a canon powershot A590... i'm pretty excitedas i was just playin around with it a little and seems to take some pretty decent shots and makes good use of available light. features seem to work pretty well and it's easy to run. it's not the most stylish thing but for the money it seemed nice... got good reviews too.
    Canon PowerShot A590 IS digital camera

mines more gunmetal colored
    yup

I Support ClubWRX
    I know that among the hard camera enthusiasts that Sony doesn't usually come up, but my Sony T200 is perfect for exactly what you're talking about. It's the high end of the handhelds for sony, but it's absolutely ridiculously good.

Night shots, and lowlight are great... and it's thin so you can carry it in your front pocket.

If you want to see the kind of pics that can come off of it, check out the thread I'm about to post with pictures from my recent cruise.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Take a look at the canon s5 is or the older s3 is and s2 is. The S5 is and 8mp camera and should be around the $300-400 range with others being less mp and less money respectively. All are pretty good cameras with plenty of setting abilities but also an auto mode and a decent zoom lense. I use to have the S2 is before I got a dslr.

It might be over kill for what your looking to use it for but I thought I'd just throw something different out there.
    I have the canon S2 IS and a new Nikon S550. I like both. I personally like the little point and shoot better because the S2 IS takes awesome photos but your going to feel like a tourist even when just walking around your neighborhood

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)
    You can only get it today, but for $80, doesn't sound like a bad deal. Check out the reviews first though... I'll leave that part up to you...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.