Help me decide on some Rebel XT extra stuff

This is a discussion on Help me decide on some Rebel XT extra stuff within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I already have a rebel Xt and will probably move to a 40d in the summer and wil still keep ...

Help me decide on some Rebel XT extra stuff

I already have a rebel Xt and will probably move to a 40d in the summer and wil still keep the XT even then, but want to get some things for the XT, but not sure if anyone has experience with certain model things, good or bad or suggestions on brand(s) of certain items to use.

flash - thinking of the 430ex. does anyone make a better one for the canon?

photobank - lots of them out there. probably only need 40gb, but want something that transfers relatively fast and has good battery life.

I would like a nice wide angle lens and am thinking about the Tamron 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6

things i already have: nice monopod, canon remote, 70-200mm F4 L series lens, 50mm lens, photogear backpack, about 10gb in CF cards.

Also thinking about the grip/battery since I have heard great things not only about the extension of the battery life, but better feel on the camera for holding, but I have read that the canon version is definitely the one to go with on that.

any other ideas, items or thoughts on the above wanted items is welcome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    I already have a rebel Xt and will probably move to a 40d in the summer and wil still keep the XT even then, but want to get some things for the XT, but not sure if anyone has experience with certain model things, good or bad or suggestions on brand(s) of certain items to use.

flash - thinking of the 430ex. does anyone make a better one for the canon?

photobank - lots of them out there. probably only need 40gb, but want something that transfers relatively fast and has good battery life.

I would like a nice wide angle lens and am thinking about the Tamron 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6

things i already have: nice monopod, canon remote, 70-200mm F4 L series lens, 50mm lens, photogear backpack, about 10gb in CF cards.

Also thinking about the grip/battery since I have heard great things not only about the extension of the battery life, but better feel on the camera for holding, but I have read that the canon version is definitely the one to go with on that.

any other ideas, items or thoughts on the above wanted items is welcome!!

The Battery Grip is nice!!! I have it on my XTi and it does make it feel better and never will I run out of juice. Getting Portrait shots of my 9 year old is easier with the extra shutter button on the grip. The 50mm gets extra work now

For Wide Angle lenses, I have the Sigma 10-20 EX and WOW!!!
    I would look into the Sigma, built like a tank and I have gotten great pics. It comes with a lens hood and it's own carry pouch too. Trust me, nothing bad about it. I suck at technology but I will try to download some photos I took in Chicago. Stood in front(40feet away) of a 30-40 level building and I captured the top and freaking bottom. Nice!

Just curious, What makes you buy the 40D over the XTi? I know it is more durable and shoots faster, but what is it that makes you want to spend the xtra dough? I only ask because I may wait to see what comes out of this XSi that is coming out in April. I also may uprgade in the not too distant future and am looking for a more durable camera.
    Last edited by Black XT; 03-16-2008 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    is that after he attempts to rape my dead corpse?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i have an XTI and its nice but its no 40d the body of the 40d is so much higher quality
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~