World One's Project 08 STI (The Crimson Knight) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on World One's Project 08 STI (The Crimson Knight) within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mustangtx63 Awesome thread! Is the fitment for the downpipe the same as the 02'-07' models? Nope, the ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Awesome thread!

Is the fitment for the downpipe the same as the 02'-07' models?
    Nope, the downpipe is actually very similar (if not exactly the same) as the Legacy GT downpipe
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Nope, the downpipe is actually very similar (if not exactly the same) as the Legacy GT downpipe
    Ah.. cool beans.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I'll definitely miss seeing EVA. It was by far my favorite bugeye. but I'm very curious to see what happens with the CR.
    Last edited by iMP|2EZiONS; 02-05-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Subscribed!
    2005 CGM STi

The downpipe is in! Installation was a snap, except for the fact that the factory bolts for the turbo and o2 sensor were super tight. Our tech had the new one on in about half an hour. He was very happy with the fitment...everything bolted up perfect, everything was in the right place, and he had absolutely zero hassles. Bolted right up to the stock catback without any problem either!

Power-wise, the difference was immediately noticeable, even with the stock catback. There was only a minor change in sound...not much louder at all but you can definitely hear the rush of air more and a little more boxer rumble. We can't wait to get Invidia catback on as soon as it's available! Otherwise, this is a great purchase for anyone with an 08 STI who doesn't want to wait modding.

More photos can be seen here:

http://www.worldoneperformance.net/i...product_id=833
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WORLD ONE PERFORMANCE
    Phone: 253.336.5449
    AIM: WorldOneArmin
    World One Performance Blog | Customer/Employee Gallery
    Building Award-Winning Subarus since 2002, with the track record to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldONE View Post
    The downpipe is in! Installation was a snap, except for the fact that the factory bolts for the turbo and o2 sensor were super tight. Our tech had the new one on in about half an hour. He was very happy with the fitment...everything bolted up perfect, everything was in the right place, and he had absolutely zero hassles. Bolted right up to the stock catback without any problem either!

Power-wise, the difference was immediately noticeable, even with the stock catback. There was only a minor change in sound...not much louder at all but you can definitely hear the rush of air more and a little more boxer rumble. We can't wait to get Invidia catback on as soon as it's available! Otherwise, this is a great purchase for anyone with an 08 STI who doesn't want to wait modding.

More photos can be seen here:

Good to hear. Invidia makes good stuff. I was very happy with the fitment with the up/downpipes. Only thing that sucked was I had to jack up the engine block to install the up pipe. I can't wait to see a dual Invidia exhaust.
    Last edited by iMP|2EZiONS; 02-07-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: bah
    2005 CGM STi

Cool beans!

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 love the invidia fitment. Ive generaly always ran invidia with all of my Honda's. WRX Downpipe fit great on the 05 also

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    You may have documented this elsewhere, Armin, but did you guys get a baseline pull on a dyno before starting the mods?

Looks good. Love that color.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Armin:

Is this the one you are using?

I used Invidia on my prev WRX and was wanting to know your thoughts between this and a Cobb downpipe. What made you go with this one (other than the approx $200 price difference)?

I am trying to decide which way to go on my WRX as far as the downpipe goes. I am unsure on the exhaust as of yet, but Borla has a nice one out for the 5 doors now (although I have not had the opportunity to hear it yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Banned
    You may have documented this elsewhere, Armin, but did you guys get a baseline pull on a dyno before starting the mods?

+1

What kind of EM are you using. What do your air fuels look like.

Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to do a baseline pull, but since most all the larger manufacturers and tuners are already doing it right now, we weren't all that concerned. Dynographs are no doubt good for selling products, but we firmly believe that this car's performance on the track will ultimately be a better selling point than any number on a sheet of paper

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    Armin:

Is this the one you are using?

I used Invidia on my prev WRX and was wanting to know your thoughts between this and a Cobb downpipe. What made you go with this one (other than the approx $200 price difference)?

I am trying to decide which way to go on my WRX as far as the downpipe goes. I am unsure on the exhaust as of yet, but Borla has a nice one out for the 5 doors now (although I have not had the opportunity to hear it yet)
    Yes, that indeed is the one The main reason we went with Invidia was because it was catless. Cobb is no longer selling catless downpipes. Cats would just get in the way of the plans we have for the car. I'm not a huge fan of Borla exhausts myself, so that was never even on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    +1

What kind of EM are you using. What do your air fuels look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Does the catless dp play well with the cobb ap as long as you keep a cat/con somewhere in the exhaust system?

(cobb states that there has to be a cat/con or you risk overboosting - without a pro tune)
    We have an Element Tuning Hydra EMS on the way to us right now, but we're also still in the break-in period so the car's not even going above 4000 rpm. Thus, we're playing it safe and not risking any overboosting until the Hydra goes in. There's no doubt that you risk overboosting by just slapping on a catless downpipe and driving the hell out of it with no engine management just like Cobb states, so that's definitely not a situation I recommend to anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WORLD ONE PERFORMANCE
    Phone: 253.336.5449
    AIM: WorldOneArmin
    World One Performance Blog | Customer/Employee Gallery
    Building Award-Winning Subarus since 2002, with the track record to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldONE View Post

Yes, that indeed is the one The main reason we went with Invidia was because it was catless. Cobb is no longer selling catless downpipes. Cats would just get in the way of the plans we have for the car. I'm not a huge fan of Borla exhausts myself, so that was never even on my radar.
    I would definitely consider outside of borla (my old magnaflow was great and was my favorite), but it just seems there are so few out for the new 5 door models so far...and sound clips are near impossible to find for the 08's. dammit.
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Cool beans!

sweet avatar man!

Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    sweet avatar man!
    Thanks. Maylene fan?

I Support ClubWRX
    Seth:

Invidia I am sure will have an awesome exhaust soon.
    Last edited by T0rque; 02-12-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast