I need camera help......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I need camera help...... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I have had my canon S2 IS for about 4 years now, my batteries do not last very long ...

I Support ClubWRX

I need camera help......

So I have had my canon S2 IS for about 4 years now, my batteries do not last very long with it any more, and for some reason when I hook it up to my lap top with the USB cable it will load the pics then it says that the pictures were not acquired, when I go into the file, there are no pictures....

So if any of you know what I need to do to fix this camera that would be great, if not I need suggestions on a cheaper camera for now til I can purchase a DSLR late next year.

I need to have a camera and I really dont want to go too cheap because my son will be born pretty much nearly any minute, and Id like too have a lot of good photo's of my son. But I dont have much money right now.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a similar problem for a brief while, (Not the battery deal), then started to format my cards more regularly rather than just wiping them clean and going again. Try formatting the card, then take a few shots and see if this helps. If not, I really don't have much of a clue. These new cameras are way more computers than they are cameras, and as such, I can fix less and less every time a new one comes out.
    Good luck with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    ummm much money meaning................(dollar value?)

Ill assume since you will spend ~$1000 on a good DSLR that something less than half of that is what you'll want.

I fully recommend the Panasonic FZ8. It has 90% of the features a DSLR does, including some a DSLR doesn't (video mode with sound) and can be had for less than $300. Awesome camera, I have owned the Panasonic FZ5 (old version) for over 2 years now, and have bought an FZ8 for work. Batteries last forever (authentic panasonic ones), and it shoots in raw mode. You might even decide after buying it, that you have no need for a dslr, but if you do get a DSLR for yourself, Teh Mouse will love it.

Linky:

Its $284 here

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panas...oductDetail.do

Edit:

FWIW we had 2 digi cams at work that the chuckle heads here broke and took them to get fixed. They wanted $150 each to repair.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    How do I format my card? Could I do it without loosing my images on it? I just took pics of my torn apart car I dont want to loose.

That Panasonic is basically what I have now. I have the Canon S2IS. If I need to purchase a new camera Id like to stay with something like this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon...oductDetail.do

Or similar to fit in a diaper bag, without taking up too much space. I really like the S2 IS but I feel it is extremely akward to take out with us anywhere without looking like a tourist.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im kinda thinking my camera cant really be broken.. I wonder if my memory card has just pooped out on me? Is that possible? I bought new batteries and it seems to be doing alright.. But it doesnt want to take pictures correctly because for some reason that red light keeps blinking.. The pictures are all on the camera, I can view the ones I take, but they will not load onto my lap top.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    How do I format my card? Could I do it without loosing my images on it? I just took pics of my torn apart car I dont want to loose.

That Panasonic is basically what I have now. I have the Canon S2IS. If I need to purchase a new camera Id like to stay with something like this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon...oductDetail.do

Or similar to fit in a diaper bag, without taking up too much space. I really like the S2 IS but I feel it is extremely akward to take out with us anywhere without looking like a tourist.
    Ahhh. Well those take pictures completely differently and under a different criteria than the S2IS or panasonic.

Point and shoots, just find one that everyone likes and buy it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Ahhh. Well those take pictures completely differently and under a different criteria than the S2IS or panasonic.

Point and shoots, just find one that everyone likes and buy it.
    None are better than any other?

Will it take pictures equivalent to the S2IS? I havent really noticed that the S2IS takes excellent pictures to be honest with you.. All I really do though is set it to auto and takes pictures of Sonic.

point n' shoot... I suggest the the Nikon S51, or the S51c. Good 3.0" screen, and a nikkor lens. (the second best optical lens company in the world.) and its also got nikon's VR image stabilization and their face recognition. Great camera, I highly suggest it... And that was my circuit city sales pitch. But out of all the point n' shoot we sold, it is one of the best.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nikon...oductDetail.do
    it of course comes in more colors than pink, it should also come in black, red, and brown
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh snap... PINK!!!

I Support ClubWRX

Why is this one more than pink? Is it because the other one is pink?

I Support ClubWRX

Why is this one more than pink? Is it because the other one is pink?
    Just buy pink Bo and tell everyone its the wifes camera.

On point and shoots my only recommendation is to get one with a proprietary battery. I bought one that ran off AA batteries and battery life was horrid. We also have a NIkon at work that runs off AA and its the same story.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a problem with my Canon too, then I found out that the rechargeables had two different levels, so I bought the higher level and hadnt had a problem since.

Does proprietary mean that the camera has a built in battery and you charge it plugged into the wall like an ipod?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Just buy pink Bo and tell everyone its the wifes camera.

On point and shoots my only recommendation is to get one with a proprietary battery. I bought one that ran off AA batteries and battery life was horrid. We also have a NIkon at work that runs off AA and its the same story.
    I think she hates pink more than I do

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a problem with my Canon too, then I found out that the rechargeables had two different levels, so I bought the higher level and hadnt had a problem since.

Does proprietary mean that the camera has a built in battery and you charge it plugged into the wall like an ipod?
    No just not that its a AA or AAA or normal OTS battery. Proprietary is like what your IS takes.

I think she hates pink more than I do
    You found a rare one
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I have the same camera (I love that thing its one of my favorite purchases ever). I found things go much more smoothly if you plug the card into a sd cardslot/reader. If you computer doesn't have one you can get one cheap.

I'm curious though you said the rechargeable batteries don't last long? My S2 just takes AA's I use the e^2 lithium ones and they last for a few hundred pictures.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.