I need camera help...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I need camera help...... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 I'm curious though you said the rechargeable batteries don't last long? My S2 just takes AA's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post

I'm curious though you said the rechargeable batteries don't last long? My S2 just takes AA's I use the e^2 lithium ones and they last for a few hundred pictures.
    With or without flash? Ours (S2 at work) with flash last >100
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the same camera (I love that thing its one of my favorite purchases ever). I found things go much more smoothly if you plug the card into a sd cardslot/reader. If you computer doesn't have one you can get one cheap.

I'm curious though you said the rechargeable batteries don't last long? My S2 just takes AA's I use the e^2 lithium ones and they last for a few hundred pictures.
    I have the same batteries, I now have 12 of them. I used to be able to take a lot of photos on them if you just leave the camera on. If you turn the camera off and on a lot maybe 30 or so photos. Now if I leave them in the camera, the next time I go to use my camera the batteries are dead. I can leave the other ones in the charger, and when I go to use them they could be dead. Or not last 2 shots..

Canon S2 IS takes 4 AA NiMH 2500 batteries to operate.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Thats the one I suggested... LoL, but this one is a pretty blue instead of pink.

as for the 200 dollar range, I suggest the sony over the cannon.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1170290186131
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

I Support ClubWRX
    Things change with canon lately? When I bought my S2 IS every place I looked told me to gather my budget and buy the canon that fit in that budget.

I was also told to stay away from and run away from any HP or Kodak camera's. Should I be ok to look at those now or still steer clear?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Things change with canon lately? When I bought my S2 IS every place I looked told me to gather my budget and buy the canon that fit in that budget.

I was also told to stay away from and run away from any HP or Kodak camera's. Should I be ok to look at those now or still steer clear?
    In the point and shoot market, its hard to go wrong with a SONY. I have owned 2 point and shoot nikons, and don't like them. I have had 2 point and shoot cannons and they always did what I asked within their capabilities. The Sony's tend to give you best bang for buck, i.e. most MP, biggest screens, smallest sizes, IS etc. Olympus are another alright camera in point and shoot.

Yes stay away from Kodak and HP.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    In the point and shoot market, its hard to go wrong with a SONY. I have owned 2 point and shoot nikons, and don't like them. I have had 2 point and shoot cannons and they always did what I asked within their capabilities. The Sony's tend to give you best bang for buck, i.e. most MP, biggest screens, smallest sizes, IS etc. Olympus are another alright camera in point and shoot.

Yes stay away from Kodak and HP.
    I am a fan of the nikons, besides him not liking him, i agree with him 100%. Definitely stay away from kodak, they made great film. But since they went digital, steer clear. And HP needs to stick to computers.
    Blobeye Syndicate #98

With or without flash? Ours (S2 at work) with flash last >100
    Oh thats true I don't take a lot flash pictures very often. Usually outside or in well lit places inside.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-17-2007 at 04:39 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Neff View Post
    I am a fan of the nikons, besides him not liking him, i agree with him 100&#37;. Definitely stay away from kodak, they made great film. But since they went digital, steer clear. And HP needs to stick to computers.
    My not liking nikons has to do with their lack of features when compared to cameras offered by cannon and others, as well as long flash recharge times, poor focusing software or hardware (lots of blurry pics comparatively) tendency for high noise etc. Just not a good bang for buck.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh thats true I don't take a lot flash pictures vary often. Usually outside or in well lit places inside.
    For comparison my Panasonic FZ5 with proprietary battery takes 400+ pics with 50% of them flash.

My Sony DSLR takes 470 +- 2 pics with 50% flash on proprietary battery.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    BTW the wife came home and found that the problem with our camera isnt our camera. It is the software for my Camera. When I had to have my lap top reformatted I didnt have my cannon disk anymore, and somehow the software my computer has been using must have run out or whatever. So I will go load the disk from my parent's canon on my lap top sometime soon. I did get my pictures loaded on my thread.

Thanks for all your help everyone, the wife and I will use it when my wife helps my parents pick one out for me for xmas

I Support ClubWRX
    My not liking nikons has to do with their lack of features when compared to cameras offered by cannon and others, as well as long flash recharge times, poor focusing software or hardware (lots of blurry pics comparatively) tendency for high noise etc. Just not a good bang for buck.
    I <3 my Nikon D70s. I compared it to the equivalent Canon before my purchase, and found that both cameras are fantastic for the money, and would yield basically the same results for someone like me. (A determined amateur, but an amateur nonetheless) As far as the feature set goes, I didn't see that the equivalent price Rebel could do anything that my D70s couldn't do. Actually, (IIRC), the Nikon could take quicker continuous shutter shots, and for a longer period of time; great stuff when you're taking pics of kids. I also very much preferred the "beefier" camera, but that's more of a personal preference thing. The battery life of my Nikon is outstanding.

I know you guys are talking point-and-shoots, but I couldn't just stand idly by while Nikon was maligned.

My father-in-law's new Canon P&S is very impressive; some nice technologies in play. The menu system's a little unintuitive to a non-tech person in places, IMO.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

I <3 my Nikon D70 too!

For family/kids pics the D70 ftw! I have made awesome pics, slide shows & DVDs using my D70.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My father-in-law's new Canon P&S is very impressive; some nice technologies in play. The menu system's a little unintuitive to a non-tech person in places, IMO.
    Sounds perfect for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12