New to phtography, help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to phtography, help! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I chose Canon for my deal, just because Nikon did not have the speed I needed. But if you are ...

I chose Canon for my deal, just because Nikon did not have the speed I needed. But if you are talking about just taking photography for hobbies sake, there are very few digital SLRs that you would not be completely satisfied with. Picture quality, longevity and ease of use. I have seen cameras I have never even thought of as being credible cameras take wonderful shots recently. It comes down to preferences, features, feel and most of all price. No real need to get the 1Ds mark III unless you have the 8 grand to spend on a body. The typical print, internet post, etc will never tell the difference. Read the reviews, take them for what they are worth and go for it.
    Definitely let us know what you get, and show off some shots when you get things figured out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    When you say speed do you mean burst speed from the body, or a particular lens you wanted to use in specific light conditions, or? Anything that swayed your decision is interesting, since the options are very competitive.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The options were not that competitive at all when I was preparing for purchase. Nikon has stepped up a little since then, but still not equal. I needed as many fully adjusted shots per second as I could possibly find from the body, and needed 2.8 glass all around. Especially in a telephoto.
    Settled for the EOS 1D MarkII N. Without 8.5 frames per second, I really can't do what I want to do.
    That was a few years ago. They shoot 10fps now. I won't be stepping up till there is a larger step up above what I now have.
    But if you have no need for these quick bursts of speed, the market opens wide up with some great options at great prices.
    Last edited by Wannabe; 12-05-2007 at 03:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12