Mountain Biking pics - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mountain Biking pics within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ahh, I see. I like it. If you can make it out to Cali I'll show you around. Also, my ...

DUB
    Ahh, I see. I like it.

If you can make it out to Cali I'll show you around.

Also, my cousin owns a house in Park City. I went out for a few days last year. If I make it out there again this season I will drop you a line.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Ahh, I see. I like it.

If you can make it out to Cali I'll show you around.

Also, my cousin owns a house in Park City. I went out for a few days last year. If I make it out there again this season I will drop you a line.
    For sure. Were do you ride? I really like the idea of the Stash.

DUB
    Mostly Heavenly b/c that is where I work (and it is right up the street).

Sierra has a better park and Kirkwood is the bomb ass ish on a pow day.

I really like the idea of the Stash.
    I didn't make it up to Northstar last winter.

Banned
    I'd like to try and make it out there this year. I'ts fun to ride new places with people who know the mountain.

DUB
    True that!

When I rode The Canyons last year it was a powder day so I sponged off this random dude I met in the gondola.

Banned
    Gongola you mean

I Support ClubWRX
    What camera did you use for those shots?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I'm not sure what type of camera it is. I think it is an old Fiji but I'm not sure.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great looking silver bugeye.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

NOT-E,

If I'm not mistaken, your bike looks like either a Fisher Hi-fi, or a Fat Possum. Am I correct?

I take it you mostly just ride XC trails? No downhill, freeriding or dirt jumping type stuff?

What is a Chain Tensioner Sounds like what I need.
    This happens after the following
    -In air
    -braking(in air)
    -spining pedals backward(in air)
    -Landing causing the suspension to compress.
    -coming to and abrupt stop cuz the derailer has now wraped completely around the wheel.
    A chain tensioner would definitely help, but you can also take a few links out of your chain to tighten it up.
    You can also find a medium or short cage derailleur. Those allow for shorter, tighter chains but the shifting isn't quite as buttery as a long cage d.

I know this is bad form but who needs form when charging down the hill trying to air off every little thing.
    You need plenty of form and technique to launch off the 8 foot drop behind me in this picture. You do not want to crash going off this drop.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Banned
    If I'm not mistaken, your bike looks like either a Fisher Hi-fi, or a Fat Possum. Am I correct?
    It's a cannodale profit. Sram commponents.

I take it you mostly just ride XC trails? No downhill, freeriding or dirt jumping type stuff?
    I don't know? There definitely downhill but I do alot of climbing. I do alot of jumping on the way down. I used to have a XC bike, It didn't last to long before it was toast. I ride to hard.

A chain tensioner would definitely help, but you can also take a few links out of your chain to tighten it up.
    You can also find a medium or short cage derailleur. Those allow for shorter, tighter chains but the shifting isn't quite as buttery as a long cage d.
    I was thinking that might be a good solution. But I thought taking a link out would mess the gearing or tenssion up.

You need plenty of form and technique to launch off the 8 foot drop behind me in this picture. You do not want to crash going off this drop.
    HA HA very agreed. I like long distance rides up hill. I get just carless enough I don't fly off the trail. If I were doing something like that I would definitely be on my A game.

Cool pic BTW

Hey my front forks have about had it would you rebuild or just replace with better newer ones.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Hey my front forks have about had it would you rebuild or just replace with better newer ones.
    Do you like your current fork? Does it work for what you want to do with it? If the answers are yes, just rebuild it with new internals.

If you wanna upgrade than go for it, but burly freeride forks are mighty spendy these days.

If you decide to get a new fork, be careful with compatability. I don't know about your model, but in the past Cannondale has done weird, propriety stuff with their head tubes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12