Canon Power Shot S2 IS?

This is a discussion on Canon Power Shot S2 IS? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I apologize for makiong yet another camer question thread but I was just wondering if anyone has this camera and ...

Canon Power Shot S2 IS?

I apologize for makiong yet another camer question thread but I was just wondering if anyone has this camera and what they think of it. Seems to have pretty good reviews and the price isn't bad. I kind of heres a link to the camer on dpreview. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...canon_s2is.asp I'm also considering the PowershotPro1 but I like the larger zoom of the S2.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 02-19-2006 at 05:19 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I play with it sometimes at work. (circuit city) Seems like a great camera but it has a crappy and small lcd screen. You may or may not care about the lcd but thats really all I know about it.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

yeah the lcd seemed a bit small. Thats not that important to me though.
    FORZA FERRARI

My Father just got this. Ive yet to play with it and try to take some pics. But figure its a 5megpix canon w/ manual settings, raw capability, and 12x optical zoom. Im sure it takes pics as nice as the old S500.

Sorry i dont have any examples, and i know he doesnt use the manual features.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Well I just bought it yesterday. Its a good camera I like it alot. You can put it on fully auto or you can use all the manual settings. Its good for a begginer who's trying to get into photography. I paid $389 for it which isn't too bad.
    FORZA FERRARI