Digital Camera Info & Comparisons - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Digital Camera Info & Comparisons within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I use a Rebel XSi. I agree with all the other posts. The body doesn't matter as much as the ...

Registered User jennsfootprints's Avatar

Canon Fan

I use a Rebel XSi. I agree with all the other posts. The body doesn't matter as much as the eyes. I mean that both literally (the photographer's eyes) and metaphorically (lens). I have three lens but none are worth talking much about. If you want great glass but can't afford the $1-2K price tag, go to a place like Sammy's Camera and RENT them! They have L series lenses that you can rent for about $40 a day. Let's face it, we don't all need an expensive lens for every shot we take. So buy a decent body that you like using (some prefer Nikon over Canon and vice versa), buy a decent prime or walk-around lens and rent the rest when you need them. Also, read through the photography magazines they have in airports and book stores. They have some great reviews on all types of cameras.
    Lucky is the man that finds a girl who loves driving his car as much as he does!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I use a rebel EOS the entry lvl DSLR with the cheaper lens and it so far works great. This camera is great, its easy to use and has gives great freedom.

I previously used a Minolta x-700, this camera is awesome for film and you can buy lenses for cheap at the flea markets.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's funny, I've used a Minolta X-370 for twenty years now. They're great cameras, much more fun to shoot than any digital I've used. In fact, picking the Minolta up again after a while got me into film again, and I now shoot the Minolta, a Canon EOS 630, and a rangefinder -- all 35 mm film!

I'm out of digital for now at least; just not interested.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I know this thread is a little old but I thought I would add to it

I use a Pentax K2000 DSLR with a Pentax auto focus 18-55mm, Takumar-A 28-85mm, Sears Auto Zoom 80-200mm, and Quantary Auto Zoom 85-210mm lenses, and overall zoom with the 85-210mm lens on it, is right at 420mm with the digital zoom. cropping is also a breeze.

I couldn't pass up the Quantary and the sears for 50 bucks so I want for them both
    Last edited by STTI; 09-29-2010 at 11:37 PM.
    "STTI" Is for Subaru Twin Turbo Impreza.
    Since My EJ20R says 2 stage twin turbo, does that mean I am already at stage 2?

Nikon D5000.

I shoot everywhere I go, I ALWAYS have my camera with me

At the moment, I only have the 18-55mm Kit lens, but hell, even with that, I am able to capture some damn good shots.

I LOVE my camera. I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a capable mid-level DSLR.

Also dpreview is really good site for cameras and lenses comparisons and reviews

Which Camera?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and making plans on acquiring a DSLR. At the moment I'm trying to decide between the D5100 and D7000, so I will appreciate any feedback you guys can give on these cameras and if any experience with the same.

I know there is a big price difference but I do not want to buy just because of price and then feel that I should had bought the other camera. Also I have never had a DSLR before, but I love to take pictures and even planning on taking some Photography classes.

Thanks for you input....

Buy the D7000. It has the screwdriver drive. The D5100 does not. Much more choices for glass (lenses). AF vs AF-S only.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

mrd
    Check d90, it is much cheaper. Does the same work, for diff in price buy some good lenses.

Yep. The D90 is the third gen D70. The D7000 is the forth gen. Nice price point for the D90 since it is old tech now. Camera shops are liquidating their inventory. Buy glass.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Sorry for my ignorance. But what is the screw driver? Is it the AF with the manual focus on the lens and the AF-S not?

Pardon my ignorance as I'm starting to learn about the D-LSRs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nikon have provided two general types of bodies, and two corresponding types of lenses, though both are AF: Those with an AF motor in the body, and those without; this means that to get AF in a body without an AF motor, one has to buy a lens with an AF motor. AF-S lenses have an AF motor and so can work on any body, even those bodies lacking an AF motor such as the D-40 etc.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just bought a Nikon D3000 from a friend for CHEAP. It came w/ the AF-S 18-55. Can you guys recommend what's the best setting for car pics? Some of you have some crazy skillz taking photos and have inspired me to learn more about photography. Any other advice would also be appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a nice camera and the lens is in my view under-appreciated, it's excellent value for the money.

Try checking out EXIF data from photographs you like, it will give you ISO and f info for example.

Congrats.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks SD-Gr! You da man =)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast