Bought new Camera... Need help

This is a discussion on Bought new Camera... Need help within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, instead of getting an accessport, I went out and bought a Camera Yeah, yeah... But I know with an ...

Bought new Camera... Need help

Okay, instead of getting an accessport, I went out and bought a Camera

Yeah, yeah... But I know with an accessport after 2 months the power will feel "normal" and my car will be nothing special again. On the other hand, I have been wanting a somewhat decent camera because I like taking pictures and want to get into nature-type photography.

So here is what I bought:
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...opnav=&browse=
    Ran me $400 without tax. I took it home and checked it out and it takes good pics. There are far too many features though and I have freaking clue how to use them.. But I intend to figure that out.

Now here is a similar camera.. Same brand, almost the same megapixel, and only 2X less optical zoom. Yet it is $150 cheaper (only $240). Does not seem like the two are that much different. Can someone who knows what all the specs on the page mean tell me if the $400 one I bought is worth the extra cash? Because to me it seems like the only extra's it really has to offer is 2X more optical zoom, a carrying case, and an easy share port or whatever.
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...opnav=&browse=

Thanks
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    The main difference besides the dock and carrying case is the "IS" designation. That stands for Canon's Image Stabilization technology, that'll help you take better pictures when zoomed to the full 12x. It basically compensates for any camera shake you have in your hand when zoomed in all the way, but remember that it won't compensate for the actual subject you're taking a picture of moving. It's a great feature and I think it's worth the extra money.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    The main difference besides the dock and carrying case is the "IS" designation. That stands for Canon's Image Stabilization technology, that'll help you take better pictures when zoomed to the full 12x. It basically compensates for any camera shake you have in your hand when zoomed in all the way, but remember that it won't compensate for the actual subject you're taking a picture of moving. It's a great feature and I think it's worth the extra money.

That's all I needed to hear.

I <3 you Armin
    Just call me Clark Kent

good now lets go back to our " docking area" when its nice out and take some pics dude.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXTwiztid
    good now lets go back to our " docking area" when its nice out and take some pics dude.
    take one of him bench pressing your STI.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXTwiztid
    fo' shizzle!
    Just call me Clark Kent

firs link is broke so i dontknow whta camera it is, but sounds like a canon. canon > kodak