Rechargeable Batteries?

This is a discussion on Rechargeable Batteries? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need some advice on which rechargeable batteries I should get for my camera. Hopefully you guys can give me ...

Question Rechargeable Batteries?

I need some advice on which rechargeable batteries I should get for my camera. Hopefully you guys can give me some input, as I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like this...

I've got an Olympus E-10, and it uses either four AA or two CR-V3 Li-ion batteries. When I first got the camera a few years ago, I was using four AA batteries, but I found that they would only last about an hour before they were dead. So, I switched to using two CR-V3's. These batteries last a LONG time, and I'm very happy with them, however, they are about $20 a pop. So I'm starting to look for a rechargeable alternative.

Olympus sells a rechargeable battery pack (grip mount), but you really can't get it for anything less than $300. That's too much for me.

Then, I found a site that sells two different external rechargeable battery packs. The first one is rated at 1400mAh ($50), and the second one is rated at 2200mAh ($60). Both of these look good to me. I guess the only draw back is that I'll have to tote the battery pack around with me. That really doesn't bother me, as I use a tripod a lot and I could just strap it to that.

Finally, I found a site that compares different types of rechargeable AA and CR-V3 batteries. It appears that if you get a good set of batteries and a charger, it would end up costing about as much as the two battery packs mentioned above. So my question is, if I end up getting four rechargeable AA's or two rechargeable CR-V3's, will I get the same performance as I would with one of the two battery packs mentioned above? If so, can anyone recommend a good brand? The rechargeable AA's or CR-V3's would be the best, since they'll fit inside of the camera and I won't have to tote around a rechargeable pack... But only if they provide the same (or better) performance as the battery packs above.

Like I said, I really don't know much at all about batteries, much less rechargeable camera batteries. So any help will be greatly appreciated!
    -Lee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I don't know which would be better but I just saw on techbargains.com that batteries.com has 20% purchase if you use the coupon code YEAREND.

Hope that helps.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

i'm using rechargeable Duracell's 2300mAh that sell in wallgreens for like less than $20 for 4 with much success in my MP3 player.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Well, I went ahead and ordered some rechargeable 2300mAh AA's from Olympus. They only cost a little more than the CR-V3's that I've been buying, so if they don't work out, it won't be a huge loss.

Thanks for the help!
    -Lee

i have sanyos. they work super well for my flash

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer
    Well, I went ahead and ordered some rechargeable 2300mAh AA's from Olympus. They only cost a little more than the CR-V3's that I've been buying, so if they don't work out, it won't be a huge loss.

Thanks for the help!
    good, let us know how they're holding up
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY