Need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know there are more than a few good shooters here, so... I just picked up a Canon Digital Rebel ...

Need help

I know there are more than a few good shooters here, so...

I just picked up a Canon Digital Rebel XT. At this point, I'm stuck with the kit glass and the 28-80 (i think) kit glass from an Elan IIe.

Can you suggest a shooting plan to explore this camera with emphasis on proper exposure values? I'm looking to refine my shooting.

Previously I've used the elan, a sony digital, an old konica slr and other point and shoots.

Also, how bad is this lens? Is the lens from the elan any better?

Here's a gallery of past shots I've tossed up on the web:

It's just thrown together and badly in need of reorganisation, when I get around to it.

http://www.imageevent.com/cyrilgrey
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    your pics look fine as in "A" ok

but to be honest with you it depends on what you are wanting too shoot...to me your asking too many questions too soon , with too many variables

Andy
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

get a grey card, a white card and a black card or paper. Meter off each one, then bracket your exposure by a stop. you should have 15 pictures. 5 of each card, one of each, 2 stops under, 1 stop under, middle, over 1 stop and over 2 stops. Look at your results. 2 stops over should be the best exposure for the white card and black card should look best 2 stops under. play around and practice using your light meter.
    Last edited by c00lbeans; 12-06-2005 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.