A service request for a service organization! Photoshop it please!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A service request for a service organization! Photoshop it please! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, this is Jonathan. I'm almost never in this side of the forum, but I come with a request ...

A service request for a service organization! Photoshop it please!

Hi everyone, this is Jonathan.

I'm almost never in this side of the forum, but I come with a request for you professionals.

We need a design that would fit on the left chest area (boob) of a regular polo shirt.

This is for an organization in my high school, it's called Music Mentors. We perform our services in the form of musical instruction; we (around 30 of us) drive to our local middle schools after school hours during the week and provide musical instruction to those in need, free of charge of course. This year, being the president of this organization, I'd like to promote more team spirit by getting some appealing gear.

Can we get a torrent of suggestions for this please? Maybe a musical symbol with the name Music Mentors inscribed in it, or something nicely sophisticated like the Rotary club's logo, or anything. I'd like a logo that we can put on any gear that we buy.

Thanks so much in advance everyone!

Legacy'n in Arcadia,

Jonathan Shaw

oh and please indicate if mor explanation is needed, i don't feel like i'm being very articulate at this hour, sorry!
    Don't forget the times you've had, the miracles you've witnessed. They are meant to stay. They are the most precious times you will have in this life, while on this earth, until we meet HIm up above.
    '

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump for someone to take initiative in their spare time!

A logo is all I'm asking for
    Don't forget the times you've had, the miracles you've witnessed. They are meant to stay. They are the most precious times you will have in this life, while on this earth, until we meet HIm up above.
    '

Whipped this one up nice and quick. Dunno if that is waht you are looking for but i'll see what else pops into my head during the day.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    nice one, myke!
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Thanks Chanwa, It is just a quick and dirty tho and if they ask for a hi rez of it i'm in trouble lol. I have a few other ideas i'm playing around with. Good thing I have a bunch of downtime here at work today so far.

I love the font on it (eurostile). I have been using it for alot of projects recently. It is classy yet futuristic.

~myke

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    Thanks Chanwa, It is just a quick and dirty tho and if they ask for a hi rez of it i'm in trouble lol. I have a few other ideas i'm playing around with. Good thing I have a bunch of downtime here at work today so far.

I love the font on it (eurostile). I have been using it for alot of projects recently. It is classy yet futuristic.

~myke
    Funny - that's the corporate font for where I work. (www.munder.com)
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Lol so it is! Good font. Professional with out it being arial or verdana. I'm so sick of those.

~myke

WOW that is awesome myke~! You said you "just" whipped it up "really quick"? wow, thou art a photoshop god.

You hit the theme we're looking for right on the bullseye. Can you whip up those other ideas for me when you've got time please?

As for this one, we'll use it for all our letterheads and paperwork templates. THANKS SO MUCH for responding!

And maybe...to help spark some imaginations..incorporate some musical instruments, maybe think about a possibly symmetrical design for a logo to put on our gear, and i'm out of ideas.

Sorry, I suck

-Jonathan
    '

color wouldn't be bad either

---

o and is there any way of explaining how to make the resolution better?(i tried printing it) i have photoshop, but just don't know how to do it. Help! =)
    Last edited by clarinetxkid; 10-11-2005 at 06:59 PM.
    '

OK, I did another one I think would look pretty good embroidered into a short hence why it doesn't have the fancyness of the 3-d as in the last one.

here is the full version of the curved staff one (right click save as)

And here is the shirt logo one.

Let me know what you think.

~myke

wow myke. that is sickly hot!

the oval looks pretty sophisticated, even though it's simple. (oxymoron) Let me poll the members on this and i'll get back to you.

if your bored at any time, please continute submitting random thoughts!

you are teh

thanks myke!

-Jonathan
    '

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    OK, I did another one I think would look pretty good embroidered into a short hence why it doesn't have the fancyness of the 3-d as in the last one.

here is the full version of the curved staff one (right click save as)

And here is the shirt logo one.

Let me know what you think.

~myke

hehe and i just noticed the slightly jagged edges on the treble clef

that's okay though
    '

just popped into my mind...(apologize for the post-wh0ring, btw) what would it look like if you changed the outline of the oval from just regular outline to some different stuff? You can decide what "different stuff" means

thanks, i'll stop now

-jonathan
    '

Quote Originally Posted by clarinetxkid
    hehe and i just noticed the slightly jagged edges on the treble clef
    that's okay though
    lol you should have seen it before I fixed it. It was a mess. I basically had to free trace it with a pen tool in photoshop which was a pita.

I'm glad you like the image tho.

Quote Originally Posted by clarinetxkid
    just popped into my mind. what would it look like if you changed the outline of the oval from just regular outline to some different stuff? You can decide what "different stuff" means
    Do you mean like 3-d and drop shadows etc? It is certainly possible to do all of that for the web or for print however, you will not beable to transpose that for an embroidered shirt. your original post said taht you wanted to put this on a polo shirt. Embroidery company's charge per color and per size usually. In order for it to be sewen into a shirt, It has to be simple enough or it won't look clear. IMHO, shadows can be done but are very expensive because it is another layer of colored string and don't look that good. The oval outline is thre to give a sense of an oval with out the need of filling the entire oval in.

I'll see what else comes to me tho.

Keep me updated. I'm treating you as one of my clients so I want you to be happy with the result..
    ~myke

I just presented your design to the people, and they all unanimously like it!

I think the only drawback with the design is the view from far away. The words "Music Mentors" seems kinda small, but then again, I don't really know how possible it is to make it more visible, whether it may mean enlarging it or using a fatter font.

keep it coming, and thanks again!
    '

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.