Raw format converting?

This is a discussion on Raw format converting? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What program do you guys use to take your raw format shots onto your computer? Is there something other than ...

Raw format converting?

What program do you guys use to take your raw format shots onto your computer? Is there something other than the Photoshop CS2? I am just having a tough time throwing $600 around just to get raw files converted. I know there has to be something else.
    Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Darn it!
    Did not get any input, so I ended up buying a full version of Photoshop CS2 as I needed the raw converter for this weekend. (It converts both 3.1 and 3.2)
    But, I guess I would have had to buy it sooner or later. Just a few hundred that I would have spent on going faster. Heaven knows I need a few more pistons.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    CS2's so powerful that you'll really love the investment

There's also a program called Raw Shooter Essentials I've seen some people use...

http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html

Problem is, I tried it out and couldn't figure out the interface. I don't think I'm a GUI dumbass...it just didn't make sense. I couldn't figure out how to even save the file after I converted it...but then again, maybe I was just so used to Adobe Camera Raw that anything else would be rather foreign.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

wannabe,

The software packaged with your MkII has a RAW converter. Go here for info on its use, etc: http://photoworkshop.com/canon/dpp/index.html

You can also download it for free from canon.

Another RAW converter with batch processing capabilities is BreezeBrowser. The PRO version is ~$40 and is a bargain. Get it here: http://www.breezesys.com/

Sorry I didn't see your post yesterday, I would have definitely told you then. Been a little busy lately with these damn hurricanes trying to eliminate my area of the country. Just starting to get over Katrina, now it's Rita. WTF?

Peace,

Curtis

theres plenty of ways to get cs2 for free. or education versions for dirt cheap

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    theres plenty of ways to get cs2 for free. or education versions for dirt cheap

+1

I am a registered user of Photoshop and a bunch of other Adobe products. So every time I order, they give me a good deal. The CS2 showed up today. It is quite a monster. Really cool stuff built in, especially for raw format adjustments, and other photo editing figures. I paid less for this than I did for the last one I purchased, which was an education version of 7.0. They seem to treat people all over their lists of registered users better than the average guy off of the street.