KATRINA Aftermath Pics

This is a discussion on KATRINA Aftermath Pics within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I shot some pics of the mess Katrina made of areas outside of New Orleans, which Jefferson & St. Charles ...

KATRINA Aftermath Pics

I shot some pics of the mess Katrina made of areas outside of New Orleans, which Jefferson & St. Charles Parishes, where I used to and currently live.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/cvbjr/katrinajefferson/

Captions are included with some of the images for clarity.

Not looking for a critique, but rather sharing a personal experience through images.

Peace,

Curtis

The Evacuation (that's my wife's LGT on the left)

Last edited by TurbeauxREX; 09-11-2005 at 08:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

crazy man .. Sorry that it hit so close to home for you ... My apologies for any grief it caused you ... That was one amazing storm
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Thanks for the kind words. We are very fortunate in our area; little more than downed trees and roof damage. My sister, on the other hand, lives on Belair Drive in Lakeview and her backyard is the 17th Street Canal levee, which broke and subsequently flooded New Orleans. A friend of theirs pulled up to one of her second floor bed room windows in a boat to enter the house last week. Naturally, they are devastated.

Peace,

Curtis

Sorry again Curtis. I really like this image, kinda gives a good feeling of what is going on.

Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I couldn't even imagine all of that happening to me or any of my loved ones.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Thanks again. Even though it's been over two weeks since the storm blew through it's still hard to believe. The media coverage concentrated on New Orleans and the more heavily populated areas of the surrounding suburbs for the first 7 - 10 days. There is so much more to the story.

The stories that are just now beginning to be told are just as, if not more, devastating. The communities to the east of N.O. in St. Bernard, where the brunt of the actual storm surge and wind was felt is a near total-loss. These are less-affluent areas, fishing communities and the like. These people were told by their public officials yesterday that will likely not be allowed back into the area for as much as 6 months to a year. Imagine, everything you own is in total disarray, or gone, and you can't return to find that one little piece of your past life; a photo of a loved one that can't be replaced, a momento of your child's early years, whatever. It just sucks. I wish that I could take everyone in, but, of course, I can't.

Again, I feel very blessed. Our home is sound. Our community is up & running and I know where all of my family is and the condition they are in. That's as good as it gets for us right now.

Ben: Thanks. I also liked this image. It's simple, but says alot. It's not as apparent in the image, since I left it (the final crop) wide to encompass the serenity of the trees & evening shade, but these guys just looked beat, which you get a sense of from their posture. Also, there wasn't any time to compose the shot as I took while driving by in the left turn lane heading onto Hwy 306 which leads down the bayou to my nieghborhood. Gotta love active auto-focus.

Peace,

Curtis

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow Curtis...really powerful photos. I'm really glad you and your family is safe.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Very good pics. I don't know why, but the evacuation highway pic really struck me.

at turning this thread sour with politics.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Amazing pics Curtis. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Again, glad to hear that your home and family is safe.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.