first pics with my Digital Rebel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on first pics with my Digital Rebel within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am basically a digital photography n00b. PLEASE help me out, give me any pointers. All i have done is ...

first pics with my Digital Rebel

I am basically a digital photography n00b. PLEASE help me out, give me any pointers. All i have done is read the manual cover to cover, and absorbed whatever i could from it. it all seems very confusing to me. so today, i just went out and fooled around with it

the camera is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel.

also, can someone give me all the info i need on resizing pics? like where i do it, how i do it, etc. I want my pics to be a nice desktop wallpaper for my 1280 X 1024 monitor.

where is a good place to host pictures? photobucket made these kind of small, the originals are HUGE!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Use paint go to image stretch/skew and type in the percent you want it i guess

now that you have a nice camera, i would recommend getting photoshop to edit your sweet photos.

photobucket sucks because they resize all images over 600X600 or something.
    theres other sites out there, just keep searching.

btw. congrats on the sweet camera
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

download photoshop cs or 7.0 from limewire or something. then click edit>image size and type in your pixils.
    THEN
    press control L, to open levels and ajust thos a bit to make good contrast.
    THEN
    control U to ajust the saturation. to make it nice and coolorfulll
    BUT dont get a gf that invites you over to her house 20 miles away when gas is 3.20 a gal then as soon as you get there goes to sleep. at 9 f ucking 15. so you get bored/pissed off and drive home and get drunk with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    download photoshop cs or 7.0 from limewire or something. then click edit>image size and type in your pixils.
    THEN
    press control L, to open levels and ajust thos a bit to make good contrast.
    THEN
    control U to ajust the saturation. to make it nice and coolorfulll
    BUT dont get a gf that invites you over to her house 20 miles away when gas is 3.20 a gal then as soon as you get there goes to sleep. at 9 f ucking 15. so you get bored/pissed off and drive home and get drunk with your friends.
    Chill with the language, coolbeans. It's not necessary and adds nothing to this forum, and BTW, it's against the rules.

Peace,

Curtis

nice camera, what up dude. any more meets any time soon mang?!
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    nice camera, what up dude. any more meets any time soon mang?!
    hey nice meetin you, yeah we should have another meet in the near future. that was awesome.

btw, for those who mentioned photoshop, it came with the camera! there is SO much to do in photoshop its almost unbareable.

so, any comments/critique on the photos? Armin?

Use IrfanView to resize your photos. It is a free program.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I was considering buying the same camera. Hows it working for you? Would you recomend it?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans

what the hell was that all about

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    I was considering buying the same camera. Hows it working for you? Would you recomend it?
    if you arent a photography noob, im sure you will master it in no time.

me on the other hand, will take a long long time to get it all mastered.

but, i have that to look forward to.

I'm a photography noob as well but I'd like to get camera that's a little more proffesional, I figure I can learn how and then at least I'll have a good camera.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by kram941
    what the hell was that all about
    Let me spell it out for you, KRAM.

My objection was of the use of at 9 f ucking 15 by coolbeans, whom I addressed directly. By seperating the letters of the offending word he essentially circumvented the filter which automatically ***'s out any such words on the offensive word list. This is bending the rules.

The RULES can be found in numerous places on this site, including:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/aboutclubwrx.php
    ClubWRX.net is a PG-13 environment. This means forum members should not say or post anything that is not considered PG-13. This includes nude, semi-nude, micro-bikinis, or any pictures/movies/files/words that people may find offensive. There are a lot of people browsing the board at work or at home, and things like this could get our members in trouble by their boss or spouse. Plus, this is an automotive enthusiast forum; there is absolutely no need for anything rated over PG-13. If you break this rule youíll get a serious warning or even get banned, so donít do it! If you are skeptical about whether your post will break this rule, simply donít post it. It will save both you and the moderators a lot of time and trouble.

OR HERE:

Photography and Photoshop Forum Rules

Just a sticky to have everyone on the same page.

1. As a subforum of Off-Topic, the Off-Topic rules apply here as well: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21033

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21033
    Anything posted on this forum must be rated "PG13." People check ClubWRX at work. ClubWRX does not want to be responsible for anyone losing their job.

KRAM:
    If you need more clarification, please feel free to contact me. I've spent the past 2 weeks fighting through Hurricane Katrina. I have witnessed the loss of my family member's and freind's homes, belongings and livelihood. I have little tolerance for idiocy right now, which is where you come in. In the future, if I haven't addressed you directly, stay out of the way, understand, KRAM?

Curtis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast