Pictures.. suggestions.. comments? *no56K* - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pictures.. suggestions.. comments? *no56K* within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I litked most of them, the only exceptions were the yellow landscape and the car and bonfire pictures. I'd love ...

I litked most of them, the only exceptions were the yellow landscape and the car and bonfire pictures. I'd love to have them as part of my portfolio but my eye is not as trained as some of the others here. Keep up the good work.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the first 2 are the best, in the first it bothers me that the top of the rock is almost even with the horizon, get a higher or lower angle to separate them more and its good. the Second i would crop the bottem out a bit you have a lil bit too much dead space. and the horizon is just a little bit too centered. You have a lot of chromatic aberation going on here but thats mostly your lens's fualt. the night shots of the river are just snapshots, theres no clear subject and composition is just messy, i would go back and shoot thos. if you can. and zoom in and make them vertical. the faris wheel needs to be vertical and wait for it to start moving and take like a 15 sec exposure so its blured. the water with the bridge ship and house boat thing needs to be croped vertical and much tighter only showing thos 3 things. Unless something is an extremly photojounalistic moment like the assasination of bush. if your pic is under exposed and missing the detail you need, delete it dont try fix it and put in a portfolio. so get rid of the dark night shot of the field. In dali you put the clock tower behind a light post and a wire is cutting threw it too, got to find a better angle and clean that up. really take time to look around the composition before you take the pic, less is more you don't have to fit everything you see in to the pic.

awesome pics man. I really like the one with the front side of the car and the setting sun above the road in the background. very nice
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    the first 2 are the best, in the first it bothers me that the top of the rock is almost even with the horizon, get a higher or lower angle to separate them more and its good. the Second i would crop the bottem out a bit you have a lil bit too much dead space. and the horizon is just a little bit too centered. You have a lot of chromatic aberation going on here but thats mostly your lens's fualt. the night shots of the river are just snapshots, theres no clear subject and composition is just messy, i would go back and shoot thos. if you can. and zoom in and make them vertical. the faris wheel needs to be vertical and wait for it to start moving and take like a 15 sec exposure so its blured. the water with the bridge ship and house boat thing needs to be croped vertical and much tighter only showing thos 3 things. Unless something is an extremly photojounalistic moment like the assasination of bush. if your pic is under exposed and missing the detail you need, delete it dont try fix it and put in a portfolio. so get rid of the dark night shot of the field. In dali you put the clock tower behind a light post and a wire is cutting threw it too, got to find a better angle and clean that up. really take time to look around the composition before you take the pic, less is more you don't have to fit everything you see in to the pic.

Thanks for the input!!

I get what you're saying about the first pic. But I just kinda looked in that dirrection and thought to myself, "that's a bad ass landscape" so I snapped a picture and went on about my business. If I had had time to actually look at the shot I probably would have done it a little different. However, flying to Ireland to to reshoot the picture is completely out of the question.

The same goes for the shots in London, mabe in five years I will have the cash to go back, but I've kinda got to work with what I've got at this point. Now that I'm gaining more understanding of photography I can do a little better. But most of these shots were just spur of the moment "that looks cool so I'm going to take a picture of it" kind of things.

The ferris wheel was moving, but it takes an hour or more to make one full revolution(each of those cars holds ~20 people). Plus, the camera I'm working with will only do up to an 8sec. exposure .

I hadn't even thought about going tighter on the Tower Bridge shot. I'll try that, but I'm also going to work on one with a much wider angle. I have a few shots of that location so I should be able to come up with something decent.

The composition comments are very helpfull, but probably not with any of these shots. I can't really go back and take any of them again. Altho it helps to know what I need to look for next time. And hopefully I can come up with some more decent photos to fill out my portfolio.

It's kinda hard to get good angles on anything that requires a longer exposure time because I never seem to have my tripod with me when I need it. In every one of those night shots I just had to find something level to sit my camera on, then I would stick my wallet under the edge of it to line up the shot. Ghetto, I know.. but it's better than nothing.

I'm not quite clear with what chromatic aberration means.. something to do with the focus.. near the edges of the picture... maybe? I've noticed that my camera distorts images as they near the edge of the picture. Is this what's going on?

[edit]Underexposed night shot removed.. it's just not clear, and there's not enough data there to work with [/edit]
    Last edited by MainFrame; 08-31-2005 at 01:42 PM.

dam you guys are picky did you all go to film school or something?
    whats a signature?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    dam you guys are picky did you all go to film school or something?

I want people to be picky, if the only feed back I got was "great pictures" then I'd never get any better.

Plus, if I do decide to go into photography I'll already have a start.

yes, i go to brooks institute of photography. chramtic aberation is where the diff light waves of colors dont focus the same around an edge. so you get a yellow/blue glow.its most noticble with over exposed backgrounds

Awesome shots!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12