Aperture vs. Shutter / other photoshoot ?s - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Aperture vs. Shutter / other photoshoot ?s within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was planning on it when i get a free minute, i was just hoping to get a basic starting ...

i was planning on it when i get a free minute, i was just hoping to get a basic starting point and then i could do what you suggested and trial and error.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Matt,

Knowing your history of over-posting, I'm going to ask that you think through what it is you want to know before asking for help in this forum. It is unneccessary to post as many replies as you have in an attempt to learn what it is you are asking about. You have been given a ton of information; more than you can possibly use at one time, based upon your questions which gives me a pretty good idea of your level of knowledge. Not knocking you for asking for help. That's what this forum is for and lots of folks here have plenty to offer. I am asking that you not pollute this area with too many posts for your own entertainment. Remember, you're on a short leash considering your recent banning.

No one can tell you what to set your camera for for any and every possible scene. As Armin has suggested, trial & error is your quickest path to the knowledge you are seeking.

Your S70 is capable of makng great images with very little operator input. In order for you to actually see the varying effects of light manipulation (apperature, shutter speed and ISO settings) I would suggest shooting in PROGRAM mode and manually override one variable at the time (app, shutter, iso). The camera will automatically adjust the other two variables to acheive a balanced image. Make several shots of the same subject in the same light (controlled study) and Bracket your shots up & down. Anything less than a 1 step adjustment will generally have a neglible affect on the image.

Download the files to your computer and open in a viewing program. (WIndows generic viewer will work fine, but for the sake of making side-by-side comparisons, I like BreezeBrowser PRO. It will allow you to open up to 4 images in a single window and cost ~$40. It has other functions as well that you may find useful - batch processing: resizing, watermark, etc.) Now you can visually compare the images and see the differences which goes a lot further than anyone trying to tell you what the differences shoudl/will be.

Basically:

Apperature controls Depth of Field

Shutter Speed controls the amount of motion in the image

ISO controls the sensitivity to light and affects the amount of noise in the image (whether shooting film or digital)

The lowest ISO is not always the absolute cleanest in terms of noise. In some digital cameras, the lowest, as well as the highest ISO setting will result in unwanted noise. Do your homework to find out how this setting affects your camera.

Also, please post relevant topics in this forum. OT is always there for everything else. This forum has been very productive and useful for many people, regardless of their level of experience in photography. Please help us keep it that way. (I'm referring to your other post in here about high gas prices, which does NOT have a picture of the sign in it at this time.)

Thanks,

Curtis

ill delete it they must have unlinked the photo...thanks for the heads up.

i was just hoping for a quick starting point, that was the point of this thread. i do like the amount of responses given and i plan on trying them all out as soon as my stinkin wheels get here and i have a good reason to take a mini photoshoot of my car, which is why i have replied multiple times to get the most information to work with when i finally get the chance to use it.

i wish i wouldve known this info when i had my wedding because most of my pics came out grainy etc, which really stinks

thanks for your idea on the program, ill go loook for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12