Some Random Photos
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Some Random Photos within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Haven't shot anything lately but cows and horses. Yes, cows and horses. I live in the country and haven't been ...

Some Random Photos of MOTION

Haven't shot anything lately but cows and horses. Yes, cows and horses. I live in the country and haven't been to the track since the temps started running in the 90's.

Anyway, I thought I would post some photos showing in-camera techniques that can be used to show varying levels of motion in your images. Besides, all I've done is comment on other's photos for the past month. Now it's your turn.

None of these are enhanced other than basic color/contrast/lighting. The blur seen is the result of slow shutter speeds combined with panning. Some were shot at very close range with a 17-35 lens (standing against the track wall at the drag strip), others longer. Some are done using the zoom-during-exposure technique (as in my avatar-STi pic). Just something to think about when you want a different look without software manipualtion. This is mostly because I hate the computer-end of digital photography, plus I learned these techniques on film. Lots of wasted film, I might add.

All images are shot hand-held, no mono or tripods. I have both, but just can't get comfortable moving the camera with it attached to something. I wind up picking the damn thing up with the camera. Oh well.

Critiques welcome.

Peace,

Curtis

slow shutter speed/wide-angle/fill-flash

slow shutter speed & zoom-during-exposure w/ fill-flash

slow shutter speed/wide-angle/focus point left of center to concentrate the focus on the nose of the car

Same as above

Slow shutter speed/pan - nothing fancy, but I like the flames & Ashley Force

Slow shutter speed / wide-angle lense and way too close to a speeding 10,000 lb Monster Truck

My son's shot of me playing on the gravel @ ~25 mph. But he shot it @ 1/40th sec and panned. Not bad for a 17 yr old.

2:00 PM, 1/40th sec @ f32, ISO 100 / 100-400 @ 275mm w/fill-flash

Simialr to the last one (but at night). The flash really makes the reflective graphics pop for a little different effect.

And lastly, one of my personal favorites. Again, very slow - 1/40th w/fill flash for the reflective graphics pop. Yep, it's a little blurry, but it fits my taste. 1/40th of a car traveling @>120 less than 50 feet away = some blur.
    Last edited by TurbeauxREX; 08-02-2005 at 08:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And the cow

Oh, yeah, the cow.

Slow shutter speed & zoom-during-exposure. Very quick and dirty edit.

hurrts me eyes, other then that looks good.
    Mods:
    -De-badged
    -Helix Uppipe
    -Bosal Downpipe
    -HKS Hi Power Cat Back exhaust
    -Blitz Dual TT DCII
    -STi Replica Front Strut Bar
    -STi Replica Rear Strut Bar
    -Blitz Dual EBC Spec S
    -Utec

It's scientific fact...round house kicks are primarily made of a substance known as chucktanium.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.