Camera Help

This is a discussion on Camera Help within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys im new to photography and such, i took photoshop classes and all the other adobe programs. I was ...

Camera Help

Hey guys im new to photography and such, i took photoshop classes and all the other adobe programs.
    I was just wondering what the best camera for around $500 and under would be. I want a nice camera to be able to take pics of mine and my friends cars but since it wont be a profession I dont need a heavy duty.I like the 20D but its too expensive for me. So just looking for some help and opinions. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    If she takes it in the ass and is presentable she's a keeper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think that the Nikon Coolpics cameras are nice if you're looking for something just to take nice pictures. I was really impressed with the two hundred dollar one I bought for my wife last Christmas, at only 3 mp it takes some pretty nice pictures. However I also use a Nikon so I'm biased.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

First, decide on what type of camera you want ie: point and shoot, digital SLR, film. Then go to the store and hold them to see which feels the most comfortable and is the most user friendly as far as navigating through the settings. It basically comes down to personal preference, but when in doubt go to a camera store to get actual answers rather than Best Buy or Ritz. Around here we got a few Penn Camera's in the area and the people there are very knowledgable of their products.

If you can get a Canon Digital Rebel 300D off E-bay for around $500, that would be the best deal. If not, the Canon G6 is a pretty solid choice.

I am really liking the Nikon Coolpix S1.
    It's got alot of cool features and seems to be a pretty good camera for the money.
    Im goanna try and get to the store and check it out.
    Thanks for the opinions and the help

I got some money togeather, I really like that camera, just wondering what you guys think. Any opinons?

My only opinion is that it is tiny, I like a camera with some meat on it so it's easier to hold on to. If you went and checked it out in a store and liked it go for it.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100