New Lens 17-40L few practice shots
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Lens 17-40L few practice shots within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am not a fan of the loading dock location but I never did one and was driving by it ...

New Lens 17-40L few practice shots

I am not a fan of the loading dock location but I never did one and was driving by it so figured I would take a quick stop and shoot. Also saw the tracks on the same drive to quiznos (best sandwiches evah). Also I have a Circular Polarizer that should be arriving for the giant 77mm size coming tomorrow.

Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow! I really like the saturation of colors in these shots.

77mm filters = $$. Kinda hard to accept, but a good reason to go to all L-glass! j/k

Ben, I think you and Armin should have a shoot-out for car portraits. You both do stunning work.

Peace,

Curtis

I second the shoot out and my car should be the subject
    I am really wanting to upgrade my camera and your guys pics aren't helping any. Keep the sweet pictures coming and I'll keep saving my pennies.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

Haha sorry, I still bow down in Armin's presence. He has also tought me alot so it would be like anakin fighting obi-wan and I would get my ass chopped off.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Here is a wallpaper

Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman
    Haha sorry, I still bow down in Armin's presence. He has also tought me alot so it would be like anakin fighting obi-wan and I would get my ass chopped off.
    Hahaha YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, DAMN that's a sharp lens. I need to save up money and invest in the 17-55mm f/2.8 that I've been drooling over for some time now to replace my kit lens.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

But you never let me ride the rollercoaster when I was 12 Obi-Wan DIEEEEEEEE.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Wow that first pic is amazing i love the color. Wish i had your skills and equipment all i have is a cheap @ss digital camera.
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

Quote Originally Posted by slavboy1
    Wow that first pic is amazing i love the color. Wish i had your skills and equipment all i have is a cheap @ss digital camera.
    If I could offer, don't let the equipment slow you down. A good friend of mine has shot tons of great images with an old Olympus 2 Meg camera.

Composition is 90% of the image presentation, be it in the camera or through cropping on the computer. If you have a fixed lens or limited zoom range, get closer to your subject and fill the image area that you have to work with. Pay attention to lighting. Don't kill the chances of your camera making a good image by using it beyond it's limits to use the available light.

Just shoot and play around till you start getting the results that YOU are happy with.

There is a lead article on www.robgalbraith.com of a photog that shoots with nothing but P&S cameras, in a field where everyone is using $4 - 8,000 camera bodies, not including the $2 - 6,000 lenses . His work is highly praised, won awards in 2004 and is considered amongst the great. It ain't the equipment taking the image. It's the person. Go for it!

Read the story here http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844

Peace,

Curtis

those look great... PHOTO WARS ...
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Nice logo placement in the wallpaper Ben and really nice picture. I don't think I am a bad photographer but it's the colors and the sharpness that I cannot seem to replicate. I have taken some nice pictures with the 3mp Coolpix I bought my wife for Christmas but the N70 I have just doesn't do what I see come from some of you other gurus. I suppose I shouldn't compare my older 35mm with the new technology you guys are pimpin'. Anyway you guys inspire me to keep trying and someday I hope catch up to where you used to be
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

Quote Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX
    If I could offer, don't let the equipment slow you down. A good friend of mine has shot tons of great images with an old Olympus 2 Meg camera.

Composition is 90% of the image presentation, be it in the camera or through cropping on the computer. If you have a fixed lens or limited zoom range, get closer to your subject and fill the image area that you have to work with. Pay attention to lighting. Don't kill the chances of your camera making a good image by using it beyond it's limits to use the available light.

Just shoot and play around till you start getting the results that YOU are happy with.

There is a lead article on www.robgalbraith.com of a photog that shoots with nothing but P&S cameras, in a field where everyone is using $4 - 8,000 camera bodies, not including the $2 - 6,000 lenses . His work is highly praised, won awards in 2004 and is considered amongst the great. It ain't the equipment taking the image. It's the person. Go for it!

Read the story here http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844

Peace,

Curtis
    Thanks for the tips, I just got my windows tinted today so i might have to go out and try my hand a bit. We'll see how they come out!
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

Wow...awesome pics.

Noob question...how do you guys get such great color saturation? My pics always seem "washed out" compared to the pics in threads like this.
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

Quote Originally Posted by burgerboy
    Wow...awesome pics.

Noob question...how do you guys get such great color saturation? My pics always seem "washed out" compared to the pics in threads like this.
    There a bunch of things that go into getting the nice saturation and sharpness. When you shoot RAW you get alot of nice sliders that can help you bring out detail/sharpness and saturation, but to tell you the truth the most important part of it is the light that you shoot in. Trying to bring out the same detail in bad light (like noon, no clouds, sun blaring) is NOT easy. So shoot in good light and process the image with adobe CS (2).
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.