Woooops!!!

This is a discussion on Woooops!!! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My new lens took a nose-dive. Just went to pull off the lens cap and BAM!!! Everything fell out the ...

Woooops!!!

My new lens took a nose-dive. Just went to pull off the lens cap and BAM!!! Everything fell out the front. I guess it explains why I was having a little problem with the autofocus.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that sucks.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    omfg I'd cry
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

And that's new? That really sucks. Hopefully you can take it back and exchange it, instead of having to send it out for a repair under warranty.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Thats ok, those lenses are so cheap anyway just pick up a couple more. Can you send one to me? I would get it but I have just been so busy..... Haha, I hope they don't give you any trouble returning/exchanging it man.
    Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

Wannabe:

Is that the end element that fell out or the filter? I can't really tell from the photo. Have you called Onecall yet to discuss a replacement? I'm curious how they will address this?

Good luck.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX
    Wannabe:

Is that the end element that fell out or the filter? I can't really tell from the photo. Have you called Onecall yet to discuss a replacement? I'm curious how they will address this?

Good luck.

Curtis
    It looks like the end element to me, not a filter. But I could be wrong. And I double your 'good luck'. It might be a tough fight to get a replacement...but hopefully not.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

It was the element and final glass, both pieces.
    The black screw in ring actually snapped and allowed both to fall out. Not sure how the element got out.
    Called OneCall.com last evening and I will be buying from them from now on. They have one FedEx, next day, free of charge heading out to me. No questions, no hassle, no nonsense. Just; "It broke? Send it back. We have 19 in stock. New one is on it's way."
    I was really getting worried there for a second. (I actually had the filter off for a few. Caught both glasses in my hand and the ring fell on the picinic table.)
    But I had to shoot the rest of the day with a max of 24-70. Really missed out on getting great shots.

That's great news on the replacement. I'll keep Onecall in mind on future buys.

Gotta love a happy ending.

Curtis

The lens came in just now via FedEx. I just ran out to the shop and took a couple of pics to make sure it works before this weekend. I really didn't set anything up for shooting, just went out and squoze a few. Also, did not adjust, just croped, resized and boom.

WTF?! Glad you got it replaced. Kudos to OneCall. I just got my first L lens yesterday, if that happened I probably wouldn't be here to post this.