bored last night...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on bored last night... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; figured i'd try and take up photography as a hobby... i gotta get a better camera than this thing... heres ...

bored last night...

figured i'd try and take up photography as a hobby... i gotta get a better camera than this thing... heres the best i got, i was honestly expecting better... taken on a Canon Powershot s30

advice? suggestions are welcome...

oh yeah, that is the moon not the sun =\
    Last edited by EvilCerealBoX; 05-24-2005 at 03:07 PM.
    Me ni utsuru kono yo wa jigoku to iu

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMG is that a ghost in the last pic... keep practicing they look good
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

the thrid one is crappy, Looks liek you tried to sharpen it? But other than that pics look decent, just gotta mess around with the exposure settings

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    the thrid one is crappy, Looks liek you tried to sharpen it? But other than that pics look decent, just gotta mess around with the exposure settings
    actually the third one i put the grain on there on purpose... and exposure settings are really all i am messing with

some more, i wanted to get some with the sun before it went down but couldn't get out of work fast enough... oh well i'll try again tomorrow

not sure what i was goin for on the last one...

also, do pictures look better with black frames around them? or would it matter?

the second set looks better... on that last pic maybe a longer exposure time?
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Sometimes when photos don't come out as planned, Photoshop can be your best friend...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sunset-01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Sometimes when photos don't come out as planned, Photoshop can be your best friend...

they're all photoshoped silly... i left it that way because i thought it looked better and gave the better feeling that its getting late... ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilCerealBoX
    they're all photoshoped silly... i left it that way because i thought it looked better and gave the better feeling that its getting late... ya know?
    Oops. I just did some quick color correcting. I just love doing it, usually you can't tell how bad a photo is until you cc it.

took me 3 hours to chase this damn storm around town... no photoshop on these

SICK lightning shots man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug05WRX
    SICK lightning shots man.
    thanks, it really means alot

heres some more:

attempting to get that damn sunset again, its like the sun doesn't want to have pics taken of it...

these are from the saturday after i took the last lightning shots... i think... i forget...

and heres some from tonight (photoshop went kinda wild with them, so i just left it since they look better)

took this one tonight as well... no moon out or anything, those clouds were literally lighting themselves...

Rule of Thirds

You offerred a lot of good shots. If I could make one suggestion, resist the urge to place the subject of your photo in the center of the image. Learn the Rule of Thirds and apply it. If your camera has selectable focus points try shifting them off-center. This keeps you from having to use the focus & recompose method, which sometimes results in poor exposures or out of focus images.

For sunsets, get there early and stay late. The time that it takes for the sun to sink from when it is just above the horizon is very short. Sunsets take patience. Also, it has to be pretty dark to get the really saturated colors that pop (without using color correcting software).

Peace,

Curtis

I'd love to see some of those lightning shots in high res photos if you have them

"Hey man, Nice shot"

's
    - Local Riceist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.