Bored @ Home.. PS of our WRX by end of May!

This is a discussion on Bored @ Home.. PS of our WRX by end of May! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm bored here at home, so I was foolin' around with photoshop. Steve (EVO) and I are going ...

ClubWRX.net Vender GnV Motorsports's Avatar

Bored @ Home.. PS of our WRX by end of May!

Hey guys, I'm bored here at home, so I was foolin' around with photoshop. Steve (EVO) and I are going to a Corvette autox with my GF's dad in June, so I worked up a photoshop of what my WRX (our project WRX) will look like by then.

Cusco Zero2R coilovers are being installed next week/week after (still haven't cleared customs ), and Kumho Ecsta MX 245/40/17 tires will be put on along with a custom alignment. Also, Perrin FMIC/UTEC will be going on end of May.

Anyways, I thought you guys would like to see this preview cause IMO it looks sick!! With my suspension mods I hope to crush all the vettes at the auto-x. Steve is going all power at first, but I'm sure he's gonna give them a run for their money. All in good fun!

Original here

What a difference lowering will make... thoughts?

Chris
    GNV Motorsports

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks sick, but i doubt it will handle sick.. from everything i've heard, (because of the rally heritage) WRX's don't like to be slammed. it puts the susp geometry in a funky inverted angle. you'll roll more on turns than you should, etc.. seems that mose people seem to believe the optimum drop from stock ride height is around 1.5in front, 1-1.25in rear. much more drop than that is only for looks.
    Dave
    01 RS

I havent' done anything to my suspension, still looks like I'm driving a monster truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    looks sick, but i doubt it will handle sick.. from everything i've heard, (because of the rally heritage) WRX's don't like to be slammed. it puts the susp geometry in a funky inverted angle. you'll roll more on turns than you should, etc.. seems that mose people seem to believe the optimum drop from stock ride height is around 1.5in front, 1-1.25in rear. much more drop than that is only for looks.
    We won't be going too low. The bumper will be destroyed all over PA if we do. I will probably take another .5"-.75" off the ride height as it is now.

Chris
    GNV Motorsports

yeah i've looked into the lowering thing quite a bit... i had a thread where i was going back and forth with big sky about it. first of all, wth my almost as low as yours is in the pic it was rubbing pretty bad on the inner fender liner on hard turns or full lock turns... lets not talk about bumps while turning.
    i raised it so it sits about how prodrive springs sit... theres not much gap in the rear and there's a little up front. i dont remember what i measured the gaps to be but i think its the best balance of looks and keeping good handling.
    nonetheless, your car looks great and i dont think i'm going to be able to keep up with you in the battle of the sexy blue bugeye sedans (if you even knew i was trying).
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Bryan, you are definitely keeping up. Your bumper is hot

Chris
    GNV Motorsports

PS: We rolled my fenders already, no worries about rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    i raised it so it sits about how prodrive springs sit... theres not much gap in the rear and there's a little up front. i dont remember what i measured the gaps to be but i think its the best balance of looks and keeping good handling.
    bryan
    i'm on prodrive springs and i love them. sits just high enough to still be drivable anywhere, but handles mucho bettero and looks teh secksey.
    Dave
    01 RS

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good choice on coilovers...I'm jealous That drop looks perfect to me...but I know my drop has about a 2-finger gap up front, whereas your chop looks like 1 finger or 1/2...haha. 2-finger gap up front should be the perfect balance between looks and handling, I think
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Here is a good thread on optimum ride height.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ght+center+hub
    Measure from the center of the hub up to the fender lip and the front should be 358mm front/ 338mm rear (sedan). Give or take 10-15mm.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Thank you for the insight guys!

Chris
    GNV Motorsports