My 20D order
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My 20D order within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Muhhahahha. Beyond that I am getting a 0 refund and a 0 rebate for a total purchase price of 0! ...

My 20D order

Muhhahahha.

Beyond that I am getting a $100 refund and a $100 rebate for a total purchase price of $920!

YIPEEE
    Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Soooooo jealous dude. Nice choice!

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

damn you i just ended up spending 980 bucks on a 300d with the 3 year warrenty and 3 day shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nah, it was Colonel Mustard, using teh shockAr in teh bedroom.

Nice! I reeeeeally want one of those! Any ideas on what lenses you're going to get? Or do you already have some?
    -Lee

I have the 50mm 1.8 right now. I WANT the 17-40L and the 70-200 f4L but I also want car mods so I am doing it slowly . I might get a sigma 18-125 to hold me over.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

A buddy of mine just got the Tamron 18 - 200 and loves it. It's not a fast lense, but the range is good and the low end was developed for digital SLR sensor sizes.

If you can swing the price, Canon L-series glass is hard to beat. We recently got the 70 - 200 2.8 L IS and the images are incredible. It's everything I've heard and read it was. Next to the better Canon lenses, I really like the Tamrons. And their 6 or 7 year warranty is a nice extra.

As for Sigma, over the years they've had quaity issues with the mechanical/functional aspects of their lenses. The glass is usually acceptably sharp, but when the lens doesn't work, it doesn't really matter. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Peace,

Curtis

I am not a big fan of long zooms and that particular lens I read a bunch of bad things about including anything past 80mm being very soft. For $400 I would rather put that money towards L glass. I just need something to get by until I can afford the lenses I listed. I may go for the kit lens again just because it is so cheap.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman
    I am not a big fan of long zooms and that particular lens I read a bunch of bad things about including anything past 80mm being very soft. For $400 I would rather put that money towards L glass. I just need something to get by until I can afford the lenses I listed. I may go for the kit lens again just because it is so cheap.
    I would spend the $60-70 to get the kit lens and save up for good stuff. Don't mess with Sigma unless you have to. I haven't heard many positive reviews, and the ones I have heard, there are about 10 more people that say their version of the same lens is horrible.

However the kit (18-55mm) is limiting in zoom, from my experience, when I've taken outdoor/landscape photography. But it is better than nothing!
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Yep I agree, well dell screwed up my shipping so I got another $100 coupon. I think I am gonna get the 17-40L at $565.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman
    Yep I agree, well dell screwed up my shipping so I got another $100 coupon. I think I am gonna get the 17-40L at $565.
    That's a nice lens, but what will you get to compliment it? If you pick up a 70-200mm you're missing a good portion in there from 40-70mm.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

No I am not, I got the 50mm 1.8. That is fine for me, I don't feel I need anything between those lengths. Although I may get the 7-200 F4L instead and get the kit lens to go with it. so I would have from 18-55 and 70-200
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

That's exactly what I have (70-200, kit and 50mm). I still sometimes wish I had a zoom that matched up with the 70-200, but there isn't anything ideal out there for a cheap enough price.

I seem to need the 40-70mm range with my use, at least it seems that way. Although I'm trying to use the 50mm more and the kit a lot less for better quality.

Hopefully I can talk someone into buying a good wide angle zoom for me (like the 17-40L), but I am not banking on that.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

I really like the 17-40L shots I have seen but I find myself wanting the long range more so I can shoot stuff like birds or wildlife, also I cant shoot very close up with the 50mm and the 17-40 has a short minimum focus distance but it is still only 40mm tops so not a great macro lens.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

It is a little narrow as far as range. But you can't get a good zoom that goes that low and up to anything really spectacular without getting lower quality lenses. When will they create the perfect 1mm-600mm 2.8 L lens for under $1000 that's sharp at all apertures and focal lengths?
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.