My 20D order

This is a discussion on My 20D order within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Muhhahahha. Beyond that I am getting a 0 refund and a 0 rebate for a total purchase price of 0! ...

My 20D order

Muhhahahha.

Beyond that I am getting a $100 refund and a $100 rebate for a total purchase price of $920!

YIPEEE
    Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Soooooo jealous dude. Nice choice!

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

damn you i just ended up spending 980 bucks on a 300d with the 3 year warrenty and 3 day shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nah, it was Colonel Mustard, using teh shockAr in teh bedroom.

Nice! I reeeeeally want one of those! Any ideas on what lenses you're going to get? Or do you already have some?
    -Lee

I have the 50mm 1.8 right now. I WANT the 17-40L and the 70-200 f4L but I also want car mods so I am doing it slowly . I might get a sigma 18-125 to hold me over.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

A buddy of mine just got the Tamron 18 - 200 and loves it. It's not a fast lense, but the range is good and the low end was developed for digital SLR sensor sizes.

If you can swing the price, Canon L-series glass is hard to beat. We recently got the 70 - 200 2.8 L IS and the images are incredible. It's everything I've heard and read it was. Next to the better Canon lenses, I really like the Tamrons. And their 6 or 7 year warranty is a nice extra.

As for Sigma, over the years they've had quaity issues with the mechanical/functional aspects of their lenses. The glass is usually acceptably sharp, but when the lens doesn't work, it doesn't really matter. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Peace,

Curtis

I am not a big fan of long zooms and that particular lens I read a bunch of bad things about including anything past 80mm being very soft. For $400 I would rather put that money towards L glass. I just need something to get by until I can afford the lenses I listed. I may go for the kit lens again just because it is so cheap.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman
    I am not a big fan of long zooms and that particular lens I read a bunch of bad things about including anything past 80mm being very soft. For $400 I would rather put that money towards L glass. I just need something to get by until I can afford the lenses I listed. I may go for the kit lens again just because it is so cheap.
    I would spend the $60-70 to get the kit lens and save up for good stuff. Don't mess with Sigma unless you have to. I haven't heard many positive reviews, and the ones I have heard, there are about 10 more people that say their version of the same lens is horrible.

However the kit (18-55mm) is limiting in zoom, from my experience, when I've taken outdoor/landscape photography. But it is better than nothing!
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Yep I agree, well dell screwed up my shipping so I got another $100 coupon. I think I am gonna get the 17-40L at $565.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman
    Yep I agree, well dell screwed up my shipping so I got another $100 coupon. I think I am gonna get the 17-40L at $565.
    That's a nice lens, but what will you get to compliment it? If you pick up a 70-200mm you're missing a good portion in there from 40-70mm.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

No I am not, I got the 50mm 1.8. That is fine for me, I don't feel I need anything between those lengths. Although I may get the 7-200 F4L instead and get the kit lens to go with it. so I would have from 18-55 and 70-200
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

That's exactly what I have (70-200, kit and 50mm). I still sometimes wish I had a zoom that matched up with the 70-200, but there isn't anything ideal out there for a cheap enough price.

I seem to need the 40-70mm range with my use, at least it seems that way. Although I'm trying to use the 50mm more and the kit a lot less for better quality.

Hopefully I can talk someone into buying a good wide angle zoom for me (like the 17-40L), but I am not banking on that.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

I really like the 17-40L shots I have seen but I find myself wanting the long range more so I can shoot stuff like birds or wildlife, also I cant shoot very close up with the 50mm and the 17-40 has a short minimum focus distance but it is still only 40mm tops so not a great macro lens.
    Ben
    TurboXS Stealthback
    Short Shifter

Pictures | My Site

It is a little narrow as far as range. But you can't get a good zoom that goes that low and up to anything really spectacular without getting lower quality lenses. When will they create the perfect 1mm-600mm 2.8 L lens for under $1000 that's sharp at all apertures and focal lengths?
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!