have you guys seen this?
Canon Rebel XT Photo Contest
Here’s your chance to win a new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT!
Motor Trend, April 2005
Here’s your chance to win a new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT! Snap our heads back with an outstanding shot of “cars in motion” and you could be the proud owner of the new EOS Digital Rebel XT and have your winning photo printed in Motor Trend. BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT FAST! THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN UNTIL APRIL 20TH, 2005.
To enter: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a color photograph of your own vehicle while it is in motion (maximum file size 3 megapixels or a 4” x 6” scan at 300 dpi). Photo must be taken by the entrant. In the email include the following: A brief description of your submitted photograph (30-word maximum), your name, address, age, email address and telephone number.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of 4/5/05 and have access to e-mail. Employees of the Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter Contest.
3. TIMING: Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on 4/5/05 and ends at 9:00 a.m. ET on 4/20/05.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Limit one entry per person. To enter, send an email to email@example.com and attach a color photograph of your own vehicle while it is in motion (maximum file size 3 megapixels or a 4"X6" scan at 300 dpi). In the email include the following: A brief description of your submitted photograph (30-word maximum), include your name, address, age, email address and telephone number. See Rule 7 for judging criterion.
5. SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAPH: The submitted photograph ("SP") must be taken by the entrant and must be an unpublished photograph of a vehicle owned by the entrant. Entrants must be the sole photographer of the SP. Entrants must have permission of any recognizable person appearing in the SP to allow the photograph to be published by Sponsors. Add-on lenses may be used, but no filters or scopes. SP may be cropped, rotated and resized (as long as aspect ratio is maintained). Watermarks, signatures and copyright notices can be added (but bear in mind that these additions may detract from the overall impact). No spot editing is allowed (including Red-eye Removal). No borders or frames can be added. SP cannot have been modified in any way using Photoshop or any other similar software. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that entry and SP are unpublished, truthful in all respects, do not violate any law, or regulation, and do not infringe or violate any third party rights, including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity. Materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. PRIZE: One (1) prize will be awarded, consisting of a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT Camera Kit (includes 8.0 megapixel camera, 18-55mm EF lens, neck strap, and camera bag). The total approximate retail value of the prize is $1,000. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsors in the event that a prize, or prize item cannot be awarded for any reason in which case, Sponsors will at their sole discretion award a prize (or prize item) of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and fees and surcharges due for a prize which is awarded to him/her.
7. JUDGING: To determine the winner, all eligible entries received will be judged by a panel of judges from the marketing staff of Motor Trend Magazine using the following criteria: overall impact (25%), choice of vehicle and relevance to theme (25%), originality of submitted photograph and setting (25%), technical virtuosity (15%), composition of photograph (10%). In the event of a tie, to break the tie, tied entries will be judged only on overall impact. Participants agree to be bound by these rules, that winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements herein, and that the decisions of the Sponsors and/or judges shall be final and binding in all respects.
8. NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by mail on or about 4/21/05 and will be provided with a telephone number that potential winner must call within 24 hours of prize notification to confirm eligibility. In addition, within five (5) days of notification postmark, potential winner must complete, execute and return as directed (via overnight delivery) an Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsors). In addition, potential winner will be required to provide the Sponsors with a high resolution version of the submitted photograph for printing (maximum file size 3 megapixels or a 4"X6" scan at 300 dpi). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case, prize may be awarded to the entrant ranked by the judges as next in line.
9. RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, the use, acceptance, or possession of a Contest prize, participation in a Contest prize-related activity, and/or the publication of the SP. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsors the right to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a participant’s/winner’s names, address, submitted photograph, submitted photograph description, statements, quotes, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, biographical information, prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsors) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law.
10. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected; b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof. Sponsors reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. In the event that the Contest entry website is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsors corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at www.motortrend.com, and the winner(s) will determined solely by Sponsors (based on above judging criterion) from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LAWS: Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted.
12. WINNER’S LIST: A winner’s list will be available by sending an SASE by 5/31/05 to: Cars in Motion Contest, Winner’s List, P.O. Box 459, Dana Point, CA 92629-0459.
13. SPONSORS: Primedia Specialty Group, Inc., 6420 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048-5515; and Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Plaza, Lake Success, NY 11042-1198 (together the "Sponsors").