Hazard light flash on Keyless entry??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hazard light flash on Keyless entry?? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Does anyone know how to make the hazard lights flash when a button is pushed on the Keyless entry remote. ...

Question Hazard light flash on Keyless entry??

Does anyone know how to make the hazard lights flash when a button is pushed on the Keyless entry remote. I've seen this done on BMW's and i was wondering if i can make my car do it to. And while we're on the same note, i've seen my friend's Acura Integra windows go up when he held a button on the keypad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would like to know how to do this too. It's good to have some feedback for keyless entry, especially on this car since the FOB is pretty spotty in it's operation. There have been several occasions when I have had to press the button 5-6 times before the car unlocked, even though I was standing w/in 5' of it. It could be my imagination, but it seems like it happens more when I'm approacing the car from the back. Anyway, this makes me keep the horn beep on so I know the damn thing is locked, but it's annoying as hell because it's so loud.

Banned
    Originally posted by jweida
    I would like to know how to do this too. It's good to have some feedback for keyless entry, especially on this car since the FOB is pretty spotty in it's operation. There have been several occasions when I have had to press the button 5-6 times before the car unlocked, even though I was standing w/in 5' of it. It could be my imagination, but it seems like it happens more when I'm approacing the car from the back. Anyway, this makes me keep the horn beep on so I know the damn thing is locked, but it's annoying as hell because it's so loud.
    Heh, atleast it didnt happen when you were locking it.

I have it on the silent mode, where just the lights blink. The horn was just annoying...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Originally posted by Nexus6
    I have it on the silent mode, where just the lights blink. The horn was just annoying...
    How do you do that?

Just look on the back of your remote, it says HORN CHIRP ON/OFF. All you have to do is press unlock once, then press both buttons for 2 seconds.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I heard that the factory alarm keypad has the lights blink but not the WRX's without the alarm.

Must be true, cause my flashers blink when I hit mine. I also turned off the horn chirp.

Yes, If you don't have the factory alarm then there's no way to make the lights flash.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.