EGT CEL fix, after installing uppipe.

This is a discussion on EGT CEL fix, after installing uppipe. within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; This is perhaps the easiest thing in the world. Despite that fact, a lot of people have trouble with it, ...

EGT CEL fix, after installing uppipe.

This is perhaps the easiest thing in the world. Despite that fact, a lot of people have trouble with it, so I thought it would be easiest to write this little DIY.

When the uppipe is installed the EGT probe is unplugged. Some uppipes retain the EGT probe, so this fix isn't necesary.

Obtain a 2.2 ohm resistor from radio shack or some place similar. They are about 99 cents for 5, no big deal.

The top of the EGT plug is in the cluster of plugs by the stock boost solenoid, which is under the plastic panel at the top right of the engine bay.

Remove the cover by turning the screws 90 degrees. Retain the cover, I forgot to return the screws and now my cover is sitting on a road somewhere...

The socket is the empty one all the way on the bottom of the stack. It is orange inside.

Simply bend the resistor and insert it into the socket. Make sure the 2 sides of the resistor are not touching, you could trim the resistor or fold the wires to make it fit better.

Cover the socket with electical tape to protect it from the elements and replace the solenoid cover.

When I performed this on my car I neglected to take pictures. Trust me, it is simple to find and complete.

Good Luck!!
    www.infinite-performance.com
    InfinitePerformance@comcast.net

www.wrxfanatics.com
    positivitize

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good writeup, if you get a chance try to get at least a "Finished product" picture so that I know what you're talking about

cnk
    It's actually a 2.2K Ohm 1/2W resistor.

Calvin

Thanks Dude, ur right it was really easy, really really easy. but the weird thing is I do have a plug in my uppipe but if the plug still reads higher then 2.2k then wouldnt the light come on anyway? so even w/ the plug I'd still need the CEL fix cus my reading was EGT. But anyway im hoping it works its been 60 miles so far and so far NO light. And about 30 miles was highway. Man this will be a change i've had that light on since i bought my car lol. it'll be nice. hope it stays!! thanks again.

Originally posted by WRXnProgress
    Thanks Dude, ur right it was really easy, really really easy. but the weird thing is I do have a plug in my uppipe but if the plug still reads higher then 2.2k then wouldnt the light come on anyway? so even w/ the plug I'd still need the CEL fix cus my reading was EGT. But anyway im hoping it works its been 60 miles so far and so far NO light. And about 30 miles was highway. Man this will be a change i've had that light on since i bought my car lol. it'll be nice. hope it stays!! thanks again.

The catless upppipe will lower EGTs, so the probe should read safe EGT levels and you should get no cel with the uppipe. If you do get a cel from high EGTs, you've more than likely got a problem.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin