Where to stow your gas cap...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Where to stow your gas cap... within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Since there seems to be a bit of confusion here, and I promised I'd post pics, here we go.......

Where to stow your gas cap...

Since there seems to be a bit of confusion here, and I promised I'd post pics, here we go....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010023.jpg  
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The plastic cord slips into the gas door like so...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010026.jpg  
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Slide it in a little bit farther....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010028.jpg  

And voila! Gas cap stays put!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010029.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    I've tried that, but the plastic string is so stiff it pops right out

I just hang the gas cap over the clip on the door. The string sits in that little depression and the cap just hangs there.

ahhhhhh farmcrest 93 octane, my STi loves that stuff.

cnstman
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

I just let it hang. The cap clears the body, and its not like it is ever super windy or anything. I just hate when I put the nozzle in, or when I'm taking it out, and excess gas pours out all over the side of the car.

Originally posted by GunsNF'nRoses
    I just let it hang. The cap clears the body, and its not like it is ever super windy or anything. I just hate when I put the nozzle in, or when I'm taking it out, and excess gas pours out all over the side of the car.
    Try releasing the lever on the nozzle, and holding the nozzle upright!
    '12 WRB Sedan

It really sucks that here in Oregon you can't pump your own gas. I just noticed a ding from where the gas cap hit the side of my car. The people at the pumps always get gas on my car and slam the nozzle in as hard as they can. I know it creates more jobs but come on, there should not be a LAW that you can't pump your own gas.

cnk
    In the second pic, you'll notice there's a little ledge towards the bottom of the gas cover. On the back of gas cap, there is a small black button. The button hangs on that ledge.

Calvin

djrez4...

Have you no shame? Don't you know about all those exploding gas stations that the Media trys to make us believe were caused by cell phones!?!?

And then you, you careless person, take snapshots with a digital camera no less. You infact did this above the vapor stream of a flammable liquid!

J/k

Wished we had 93! I guess it is ok to take those shots because 93 octane has more BLOWED UP suppressors.

Too bad Subaru did not have the forethought to put something on the inside of the filler door.
    STiMULi

Something causing or regarded as causing a response.

An agent, action, or condition that elicits or accelerates a physiological or psychological activity or response.

A WRX STi at 140mph in the dirt

Arrow

Originally posted by zoinks
    It really sucks that here in Oregon you can't pump your own gas. I just noticed a ding from where the gas cap hit the side of my car. The people at the pumps always get gas on my car and slam the nozzle in as hard as they can. I know it creates more jobs but come on, there should not be a LAW that you can't pump your own gas.
    Your kidding me right? There is a law saying you can NOT pump your own gas? How is this even possible...lol? God forbid we use the law to track down criminals...

-Nigel
    ~NSG~

Originally posted by NewShockerGuy
    Your kidding me right? There is a law saying you can NOT pump your own gas? How is this even possible...lol? God forbid we use the law to track down criminals...

-Nigel
    In my township here on long island your not allowed to, so all the crazy foreigners so it for ya. This sucks because once in a while i walk around my truck and find a huge spot of dried gas on the side of my beutiful white truck. Its alot less hassel if I just tell the guy im doing it and not to come near.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I probably look so stupid doing it, but when I unscrew it and let it dangle, I place it SO gently against my car as not to scratch it. No scratches so far!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast