rotor replacement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rotor replacement within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hey everyone, I'm upgrading the rex to slotted and drilled rotors, and I'm havin some trouble gettin the stockers off. ...

rotor replacement

Hey everyone, I'm upgrading the rex to slotted and drilled rotors, and I'm havin some trouble gettin the stockers off. I removed the caliper completely from the rotor, and I expected the rotor to slide off, but its not. What else needs to be unbolted to get this thing off??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

rubber mallet.

hope you're not running x drilled on the street. there have been numerous reports of cracking and failure.

not a good thing!

dR

sucker is on tight...i'll keep whackin away though. maybe I should mention I'm workin on the rear rotors?
    p.s. yeah i've heard about the broken rotors...i'm selling the car pretty soon though. don't worry, i've got a new suby project...and you guys are gonna go nuts over it but thats gonna be a secret for a while, right now its the rotors i've gotta get off

Well after repeated beatings with the mallet, the damn thing won't budge...any ideas?? Its almost like its bolted or welded on or something...very frustrating. Anyways, thanks for the help so far...any further assitance would be much appreciated

ok, I figured it out...there are two separate and smaller holes on the rotor, not the 5 for the wheel studs, but two different holes. tighten a 8mm stud bolt in there...it'll push against the hat ( I think it's the hat, not sure, I'm not too good with terms ) and you'll hear a snap sound...then the rotor should slide right off

Originally posted by jono
    ok, I figured it out...there are two separate and smaller holes on the rotor, not the 5 for the wheel studs, but two different holes. tighten a 8mm stud bolt in there...it'll push against the hat ( I think it's the hat, not sure, I'm not too good with terms ) and you'll hear a snap sound...then the rotor should slide right off
    Yup - that's the way to do it. They're a tight fit, but keep screwing and those suckers will come off.

I wish that I had read this thread sooner...the using the smaller screws to pop it off would have been my suggestion.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.