Cabin Air Filter Replacement Instructions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cabin Air Filter Replacement Instructions within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Courtesy of www.subaruparts.com http://subaruparts.com/install/2002iairfilt.pdf...

tan

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Instructions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. The Subaru dealership wanted $122 to replace it.

Axel

Nice find Tan....Perhaps this should be moved over to Tutorial?
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

quick question:

Is this that OPTIONAL micro-air filter you can buy or is this the standrad air filter. The dealer told me there is already one air filter in there. The optional micro air filter is a 2nd filter in series with this standard filter. Is that correct?
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Do I have a problem?

I bought a replacement air filter, followed the instructions on the above link (for my 2004, there were 9 screws, no 7), however, when I took off the filter cover, I was shocked to see no filter whatsoever!!
    I have never touched this part of my car before and does this mean I haven't had any filter in there for the last 65k miles??
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

I Support ClubWRX
    Not unusual as I do not think they are factory installed, it is a dealer installed item. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I mentioned the filter when I first bought my WRX new in 3/2004 - it was not factory installed then. My dealer was kind enough to install one for free and I have replaced them yearly since then.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks so much for the info. I did a bit of reading after posting and have realized this is the case, it's not factory installed.
    After seeing pictures of dirty ones, I can't imagine what I've been breathing all these years!! Well I have one now, so I suppose I'm safe....
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody182 View Post
    After seeing pictures of dirty ones, I can't imagine what I've been breathing all these years!! Well I have one now, so I suppose I'm safe....
    You have been breathing in the same air as when you are outside of your car!

I wouldn't worry about it.

I replaced my cabin air filter and made a walkthrough on it.

Cabin Filter

air filter

i just went to autozone and they informed me that my car (03 wrx) does not have one. i laughed and went to kroger and bought a air filter for my house, cut it into 4 nice squares and sprayed some cologne on one and put it in... perfect.

try putting a dryer sheet in it, smells good for weeks.

wouldnt that restrict airflow... ie less air blowing out of your vents?

tnx for the link..i would also want to contribute..heres a link that I got on how to replace cabin air filter..i tried it and it works on my car..
    Last edited by kurtdaniel; 11-30-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Recycle

Or you could just slide the lever over to the recycle mode and it won't suck in any air from the outside. You'll just keep breathing the air that is already in the car.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blahbla View Post
    Or you could just slide the lever over to the recycle mode and it won't suck in any air from the outside. You'll just keep breathing the air that is already in the car.

How insightful....idiot.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.