Headlight adjust
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Headlight adjust within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Just thought I would throw this out in case some of you guy's experience my prob. I have a tad ...

Headlight adjust

Just thought I would throw this out in case some of you guy's experience my prob.

I have a tad of "night blindness" and notice that my 03 WRX headlights only cover about 50ft out before things go alittle dark so I adjusted them up to about 70ft by turning the little allen screw inside the left rear corners of the light under the hood.

Ya might wanna try it, It really helps ya see those sneaky curves

Shotgun

p.s, For other drivers sake as far as blindin em, I had my wife drive her car and we made some passe's under diffiring cond. and it did not blind or seem to cause the "Dim your lights dumbarse" syndrom.<GGG>

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    From what perspective is "left rear."???
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Smile Headlight Adj

Can't locate screw? Where is it actually? Can you provide pics?

Thanks

if you are looking at the driver's side headlight from the top. The screw will be on the actual headlight housing on the right hand side. It really is the only screw back there i believe [that is actually on the headlight housing], all the rest actually hold the headlight in place.

p.s. do not strip this screw.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Talking

Thanks! Will try it when I get home.

To bring the lights "up" more, which way do you turn it? (I assume clockwise)
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

To what extent is this legal? It would seem that if you turned your lights up to a certain degree, they would become a hazard for other drivers....any validity to this?

~Tim

I only need to do this because my car is lowered and the beam does not project as far as it used to.

it is clockwise to go up.

It is probably as illegal as driving with highbeams on? So a cop will be just as likely to pull you over if he sees you on the road at night. it is a little more difficult to adjust the fogs...you have to reach [from the front] one screw on the fog lamp assembly [whichever one is different from the other three screws which hold your fog lamp in place] Mine was pretty tight when i adjusted it...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

I just adjusted my headlights and fogs. The HL adjustment screws you can find by opening your hood, then look in the corner of the engine compartament near them. You will see the head of the screw looking at you. Turn them clockwise and the light beam will rise.

The fog light adjustment screws are the top left screw for the driver side, and the top right screw for the pass. side when looking from the front of the car. For some reason, the light beam rose as I turned the screw counter-clockwise, opposite of the HL's.

Originally posted by Timdog1650
    To what extent is this legal? It would seem that if you turned your lights up to a certain degree, they would become a hazard for other drivers....any validity to this?

~Tim

Uh, Let,s talk S.U.Vs and blinding people...............

Shotgun

Originally posted by ShotgunTC88
    Uh, Let,s talk S.U.Vs and blinding people...............

Shotgun
    Oh god, don't even get me started! I can't even stand the headlights on my Forester when I'm driving in front of it, let alone an SUV. I'd rather have my corneas burnt out wiht a laser than drive in front of an escalade with HID's

Originally posted by Timdog1650
    Oh god, don't even get me started! I can't even stand the headlights on my Forester when I'm driving in front of it, let alone an SUV. I'd rather have my corneas burnt out wiht a laser than drive in front of an escalade with HID's
    I rest my case...

Shotgun

what's even worse are the idiots with lifted trucks and SUV's that DO NOT readjust their headlights after their absolutely unnecessary 10" lift w/ 44" Super Swampers...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

UPDATE!!!

For those of you that did "Dumbo" heres idea of adjusting the headlights.........

Well, The other night wifey was drivin in front of me and when we got to our desto..She said "Your left headlight is brighter than your right one" And of course I was like, Yea right, I am the all knowing "Mr.Wrench" how dare you downtalk the mighty one with the Gold plated Craftsman wrench (anniversary edition)!!.....LOL!

Sure enough it was!!

After a couple of hours of adjusting/havin her drive ahead/ me pullin/switchin bulbs/ runnin Ohm meter/pokin wires/gobbin electric contact grease/takin the WHOLE DAM headlights (yea,bothsides) off and tryin to figure out why the hell one side was brighter for with no discernable difference.....

It seems (cough,lookin around hunkerin) that if you get ONE of the headlights screw adjuster,s the slightest bit different (Unequal turns as little as a 1/4-1/3) on one side...THAT bulb will reflect ever so slightly different in the headlight body reflector so that it reflects as if it is brighter than the other!!! .....(ala, Bad ground,bulb,short,UFO passover,etc)

They MUST be within a half turn (at most!) on the adjustment screw with EACH OTHER or you may be feelin as dumbarse as me when you find out!!!........

This may or may not apply to your particular car but at least check it out before you feel like wifey made me.....LOL!

Shotgun
    (yea, but her crosstiching has got missing "X,s" so screw her.<GG>)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.