Changing WRX Fuel Filter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Changing WRX Fuel Filter within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Just a quick write up on the procedure I followed. http://www.geocities.com/k91tsi/fuelfilter.htm Let me know if you see any mistakes/typos...

k91

Post Changing WRX Fuel Filter

Just a quick write up on the procedure I followed.
    http://www.geocities.com/k91tsi/fuelfilter.htm
    Let me know if you see any mistakes/typos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice, I just got on here b/c i am doing that tomorrow when it quits raining, and didnt remember a post about it - lifesaver!
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

k91
    Glad it helped

Works great!

Thanks for the instructions - just did this myself and it worked great. Took 40mins - 1 hour (lack of experience ) The hoses are really difficult to get off of the old fuel filter, but using a large flathead screwdriver worked well. There was very little pressure in the fuel lines when removing the tubes after doing procedure (unplugging the green/white connection, then running the car until it died). I noticed an immediate reduction in the hesitation of my WRX, especially during 2nd gear hard throttle accelerations. I have about 29,400 miles on my '04 WRX wagon.

I heard the 2005 fuel filter is in the gas tank? I tried getting under the car and locating it, but was not successful. How hard is it to get to and where is it? Thanks VERY much!

Something that made it substationally easier to get off for me was to take a pair of pliers wrapped in a rag and crush the raised part at the end of the lines. I did that and the lines slipped right off. no screw driver or anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.