Timing Belt and Water Pump Replacement - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on Timing Belt and Water Pump Replacement within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Any opinions on this company and kit? Gates Timing Belt Kit Subaru WRX 06-07 and STi 04-14 TCKWP328 gotboostinc.com...

06 TR, COBB AP2,,COBB DP, K&N sr, G200 CB
    Subaru factory short throw, Auto dimm Rear view, Factory fog lamp kit (self installed)
    AM cobalt gauges: WB fuel, oil press (elec), boost (mech,30hg-20+)

2. Remove Advertisements

Superb write up. very Easy to follow with logical pictures! A couple of points I will add.

- This one's already been covered but I'll go over it again. What do you do to lock the Crankshaft when removing the Crank Pulley Bolt. I stuck mine in fourth gear with the handbrake on (e-brake for the USA viewers) and that worked fine.

- Not all Subaru DOHC engines run the extra Idler between the Tensioner and the RH Top Cam pulley (looking at the front of the engine) but the kit I bought had the extra bits to do the job if required. Apparently it's something to do with the extra thickness of certain head gaskets? Thick gasket = no small idler, thin gasket = additional small idler. The reason is that it allows the use of the same length Timing Belt when the Cam Pulleys are effectively closer together by making the timing belt route a little longer.
    Last edited by Woznaldo; 04-10-2015 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Punctuation and extra info on small idler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.