Best Plugs for 04' STi

This is a discussion on Best Plugs for 04' STi within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Stock and no mods, for now. I have always liked NGK, so that's the brand I plan to run unless ...

Best Plugs for 04' STi

Stock and no mods, for now. I have always liked NGK, so that's the brand I plan to run unless somone can convince me otherwise. However, I'm a little confused as to wether to use standard NGK or to spend the little extra and get Iridium or Platinum. Is there a benefit to doing this? When I purchase them, will I have to gap them even though the vehicle is stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm sure there are a million posts on this subject already. I'm using NGK Iridiums. They last the longest as the iridium is very hard and doesn't melt away like copper and to a lesser extent, platinum. It should come pregapped but I would check anyways. Be careful gapping the iridiums as you can break it off.
    Last edited by section9; 06-03-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

I Support ClubWRX
    I've always used the OEM plugs. Come pre-gapped and last a while. Stay away from the copper plugs. Good performance but plan on changing them out once every 3 months or so.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums