2002 wrx with sluggish problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx with sluggish problem within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hi my question to everyone is i have a 2002 wrx with an aftermarket blow off valve cold air intake ...

Unhappy 2002 wrx with sluggish problem

Hi my question to everyone is i have a 2002 wrx with an aftermarket blow off valve cold air intake and all of a sudden it is not sounding right and my wrx seems to have lost some of its power, it is sluggish. Does anyone know what might be the problem with it. The blow off valve is still working but know sound and the cold air intake i cannot hear it taking in air. the weather just warmed up in this area and my car has 66 thousand miles could the weather play a part in this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First take off the aftermarket blow off valve,and the cold air intake.There no good for the WRX.Then read all the FAQ's before you mod your car.

Stg 2 06STI
    02/04 WRX MSPT Tuned - 18g(DEAD)

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"-Vizzini

Quote Originally Posted by Needles View Post
    First take off the aftermarket blow off valve,and the cold air intake.There no good for the WRX.Then read all the FAQ's before you mod your car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #181

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Do what they said and also clean your MAF sensor its probably dirty.

your MAF sensor is the little black thing with wires coming out of it on top of the cold air intake. unscrew it and put it in a plastic bag with brake cleaner and shake it up and screw it back on

if you want an intake, get one that won't mess with your MAF sensor without a tune.. like an SPT intake. most other aftermarket intakes will screw your air/fuel ratio up without a protune.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

thanks guys i will use your advice

I Support ClubWRX

Exclamation

Do not use brake cleaner on the MAF or put into a bag and shake to clean. Have a look at this thread to see how to clean the MAF safely: $5 and 5 minutes to a better running car :)

Moving to Maintenance, service, troubleshooting, and basic repair
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 04-22-2007 at 07:57 AM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.