Silencing the VIN Plate / Defroster Panel rattle - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Silencing the VIN Plate / Defroster Panel rattle within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally posted by blip Hi - first post here. Looks like a great forum, I saw a link from the ...

Originally posted by blip
    Hi - first post here. Looks like a great forum, I saw a link from the Subaru forum I use here in the UK (www.scoobynet.co.uk).

Fantastic tutorial - thanks a lot. I'm going to tackle this one tomorrow. I've got the same rattle in the dash of my 03 UK wagon (I think that's an 04 to you guys). I've also got a really annoying rattle/buzz from the rear passenger side seatbelt mechanism. Anyone know how to get in there to sort that one out?

LOL at the feeling of wanting to kill someone especially when the car is only just run in and wasn't cheap!! You kind of expect it to hang together just a little bit longer don't you...
    Welcome to the club! I also have the rear passenger seatbelt buzz/rattle. I fixed it temporarily by sliding the adjuster up a couple of notches. But I'm also eagerly awaiting any tips anyone might have on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If your rex doesn't rattle, you haven't been off road enough
    J/K I baby my car and I have the rattle, one of these days I'll fix it maybe.

On my UK 04 WRX there is a sensor for the aircon in the middle of the defrost panel. It looks like a small round lense that protrudes slightly. Is this the same on the US cars? I wasn't sure if I could take my defrost panel off in the way described here.

did this last night, and it wasn't the rattle. I mean, it took away some noise, but the majority of the noise is coming from the passanger side door panel!!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

yea, I know this is old, but anyone still have the pics to this? My car only has 1500 miles and I have so many annoying rattles!! and want to see if I can get rid of some, car sounds like its falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    yea, I know this is old, but anyone still have the pics to this? My car only has 1500 miles and I have so many annoying rattles!! and want to see if I can get rid of some, car sounds like its falling apart.
    Seconding this request. I've developed a front dash rattle and would like to try the original goop fix, but's hard to follow without pics.
    Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

hey draw, just follow the instructions After I couldnt find pics, I just went ahead to the best of my ability and its not hard. JUst pop up the front part of the dash from the passenger side and once its out you will see the white clips that you need to put the silicone in.

besides that, I have another rattle coming now, but it soudns like its coming from the rear view mirror, or somewhere in the headliner around that area. anyone esle get this one? how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    hey draw, just follow the instructions After I couldnt find pics, I just went ahead to the best of my ability and its not hard. JUst pop up the front part of the dash from the passenger side and once its out you will see the white clips that you need to put the silicone in.
    Ok, I managed to get it off. Problem is, the rattle wasn't coming from up there. It's in the dash cover like right above the gauges. If I push down on that hump it'll stop the rattle. I guess I need to take the whole top of my dash off and see what's doing it?
    Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

I have a nice little rattle up front, I thought it was my BOV (which was a source of one rattle), and then I beat an indention where my BOV sits into the bottom part of my hood (gasp), and I still have a little rattle from what sounds like what you guys are talking about. Ima crack the bastard open this weekend and see If i cant get it fixed. See if I cant get some pics up on this bish as well.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Bumping this thread so people are aware. I will be fixing this along with my fluid change this weekend.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123